10

"I watched a change in you, its like you never had wings."

Bruce flicked the news on after waking up like he usually does, he didn't expect to see what he did however.

Y/N had to deal with Riddler again but this time, he got them but he didn't leave them dead.

No, he fucking took them.

Bruce couldn't put to words how furious yet distraught he was about hearing what happened to Y/N, he was hoping to reconnect with them but he stopped himself like an idiot.

The footage was now on fullscreen, there was audio too.

Bruce watched Y/Ns reaction to seeing Riddler and they just tried to brush it off as seeing things, it worried Bruce but now there was nothing he could do.

"Police also say that the house was in a mess too, meaning he was most likely looking for something."

What could he be looking for?

There was nothing to look for and the thought of Y/N hiding something didn't feel right to Bruce, they had always been open publicly even about how they hated social events but said it felt rude not to attend.

Bruce knew so much about Y/N but he doubted they knew anything about him due to the fact he hid from everyone, so even if they wanted to know about him there was nothing they could use to see how they were doing.

Just then, Alfred stepped into the batcave with breakfast.

"Something troubling you, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked.

Alfred knew something was wrong as Bruce normally weren't like this, he was watching something on repeat too.

It was Ghosts visit from last night, how they talked a little and worked on his car.

"You remind me of someone, y'know." Ghost smiled.

Batman smiled slightly and looked at Ghost, they were still working on their part of the car.

"Really, who?" Batman asked, intrigued.

Ghost smiled and shook their head whilst sighing, as if debating whether it not to speak.

"If I told you, it would reveal my identity." Ghost responded.

Batman chuckles slightly but Ghost said something under their breath, Bruce jumps on this and gets the computer to focus on their whisper and mute all other sounds.

"Bruce."

Bruce replayed it.

"Bruce."

"Bruce."

"Bruc-"

Alfred stopped the audio from replaying as Bruce turned to look at the news, Y/N was missing and they arrived home not long after Ghost left.

Ghost was Y/N.

"Y/N kept their promise-" Bruce spoke, astonished.

I wake up with my head throbbing and everything ached, it was starting to become a common theme.

I was in some sort of cramped room with the Riddler symbol behind me, this meant it wasn't good news and I didn't want to stick around for this.

I felt the pocket of my trousers and felt my phone was still there, I grabbed my phone and realised I no longer had anyone to call.

Don was dead, he was the only one I could call.

911 would probably take too long and I'd be dead before they even got here because I live in Gotham, I stared at my phone blankly for a moment.

"Fuck." I muttered.

I took a shaky, deep breath as tears started to surface due to the realisation of Don's death as I was using Ghost as an escape.

"I've got no one, again." I sob.

My grip on my phone loosened causing it to drop on the floor as I leaned towards my legs that were tied, I couldn't even cover hand eyes with my hands as they were tied too.

I was alone, no Batman, no Ghost, no Don.

No one.

It was like it hit me like a brick wall and it caused flood gates to open for my eyes, I only now just realised how vulnerable I was.

My igornance was what got me in this situation, if I stayed at the Batcave for longer or moved out of Gotham then this wouldn't of happened.

If I never made Ghost, this wouldn't of happened.

I hear foot steps and lift my head slightly to see Riddler in his iconic green suit that he adored so much, the green gas mask covering his face as he glanced at his laptop for him to gain joy from it.

I turn to look at the laptop to realise he was streaming this shit, who knows who the fuck was watching this.

There was a camera beside it recording too, meaning he would probably sent my breakdown to people.

"You remember the orphanage, don't you?" Riddler questioned.

What?

What did the orphanage have to do with this?

"Yes but-"

"Do you not remember the screams and cries of the other kids there?" He further pushed.

I had only gotten other everything that happened in the orphanage with therapy, it was an expensive journey but I was happy for it.

But Ed had to fucking ruin it.

"Its just like the old days, you sobbing about losing someone important and being alone. All over again." He dragged the final 3 words out.

It was like he was trying to torture me.

Was it working? Kinda.

The screams and horrors of that place was starting to Creep back into my mind, it was the kind of stuff that used to keep me up at night.

"It's your fault, you killed him." I spit.

Riddler took a step forward so he was now in camera frame, my blood was boiling.

"I killed him because he corrupted Gotham. Now, what was that promise you made?" Riddler interrogated.

"We'll fix Gotham together, Bruce." I repeated.

Riddler seemed to be enjoying this as he started laughing like a maniac and got close to my face as he did so, his eyes were wide and his laugh was haunting in a way.

"And how did that go? Both your parents dead, you were kicked into an orphanage whilst he continued to live the life he stole from you!" He giggled.

My blood was beyond boiling.

"That wasn't Bruce! That was-"

The recording ends.

Bruce laid back in his seat and rubbed the bridge of his nose, he knew that there was nothing he could do as there was no trace.

He had to get someone inside the iceberg lounge and follow the crumb tail Riddler left, but it was clear he had a target on his head now.