IV.

It must've been the crack of dawn when Winnie woke up

           It must've been the crack of dawn when Winnie woke up. Dim light seeped through her blinds, but she couldn't see the sun in the sky. To say she slept horribly would be an understatement.

Deciding to give up now that it was somewhat light out, the blonde girl got up and got ready. She dressed herself in brown corduroys and a plain off-white t-shirt, which was way to big for her, before covering herself in a soft flannel. Glancing at her nightstand, the clock read 6:02.

She groggily walked from her room to the kitchen, making herself a bowl of chocolatey cereal. Winnie sat at the small kitchen table as she ate. When she finished, she stirred the brown tinted milk absentmindedly, not bothering to drink it. She hadn't even noticed Joyce leave her room and make her way into Will's. Not until she heard the muffled begging coming from the missing boy's room.

Quickly, she stood up and rushed to the bedroom, Jonathan not far behind her. Opening the door, the two teens found Joyce sitting on the end of her son's bed, rocking back and forth as she begged Will to talk to her. She was surrounded by what must've been every lamp in the house.

"Joyce?" Winnie called out.

"Oh! Come here, you two! Come here!"

"What's going on?" Jonathan asked nervously.

"It's Will. He's trying- He's trying to talk to me."

Winnie felt her heart sink. She didn't think she could handle Joyce losing it. Especially not after last night. After pushing her father even farther away and possibly scaring Jonathan off, this could be a final straw.

Jonathan sat down beside his mother, but Winnie lingered by the door. Joyce held her son's hand as she began talking.

"It's Will. He's trying to talk to me." She told them.

"He's trying to talk to you?" Jonathan asked confused.

"Th- Through the lights."

"Mom—"

"I know. I know. Just. . . watch." Joyce breathed shakily. "Will, your brother and Winnie are here. Can you show them what you showed me, baby?"

The two teenager remained silent as they waited for something to happen. After a moment, one of the lightbulbs flickered lowly, causing Joyce to gasp.

"Did you see that?" She exclaimed.

"It's the electricity, mom!" Jonathan cried, "It's been acting up! It's the same thing that fried the phone!"

"No! It is not the electricity, Jonathan! Something is going on here! Yesterday the wall—"

"What?! What about the wall?!" Jonathan yelled.

"Jonathan—" Winnie tried to interject. The way the boy blew up was stressing her out.

"I don't know! I don't know!" Joyce exclaimed.