049,

EPISODE NINEthe piggyback

EPISODE NINE
the piggyback.

NOVA  FOUND a place to sit on one of the tables as she waited to be brought back by lucas playing her music once they had killed vecna.

every breath you take had began to play through the speakers, as she looked around the hall, trying to stay positive.

every breath you take, every move you make,
i'll be watching you.

she checked her watch impatiently, suddenly, a balloon popped behind her and she jumped up from her seat, looking at where it had popped, blood covered the table and she frowned.

another one popped behind her as she gasped, turning around with wide eyes as multiple balloons popped all around her and blood covered the floors and tables.

the music changed to dream a little dream of me and she gulped, letting out shakey breaths as she looked around the hall nervously.

as she did so, everything went dark and there was more blood everywhere, it all seemed to be rotting. the flowers had died and the food went moldy. it looked like she was in the upside down.

a red lightening flashed as she flinched, turning to it, outside of the hall it was all dark and cloudy, red thunder and lighting flashing at her.

she started to get all of the chairs and stack them up against the entrance doors. thinking this would help with nothing getting in. but as she turned to place another, the door had been replaced by the creel house front door.

she froze in her spot, as the door creaked open. "you cant hide from me, nova." vecna whispered, shivers running down her spine.

"shit." she whispered, turning around. but then, she closed her eyes, letting out a breath as she concentrated on thinking of all her memories with eleven and max.

"you think i don't see what you're doing? you think i don't see everything?" he spoke, she winced, shutting her eyes tighter. "go away." she whispered.

images of eddie and dustin fighting the demobats, jason pointing a gun at lucas, and max, nancy, steve and robin being choked by the vines, lifting into the air filled her mind as she whimpered.

"stop." she told him, squeezing her eyes tighter, "you thought you could trick me? you thought your friends could stop me? i see them. i see your friends. just as clearly as i see you."

a tear rolled down her cheeks as she saw max, robin, nancy and steve being close to death, and then eddie biking away from demonats, dustin screaming his name.

"i can feel them...dying." she opened her eyes, not being able to take it anymore as she looked at the open door in front of her. "it's time, nova."

dream a little dream of me played slowly, yet it sounded distant as she looked around the hall. she froze when she backed into something. "it's time."

she widened her eyes, letting out a yell as he flung her against the wall, keeping her there as she cried out in pain. he walked towards her slowly as she let out gasps for air.

vecna walked towards her as she struggled against the tight grip, he got close to her face as she tried to move away from him, whimpering slightly.

"you are brave, nova. much braver than your brother. but in the end...you are weak and fragile, just like him. like all the rest of them. and you will break."

he lifted his hand towards her as she shook her head, tears falling down her eyes. not again, please.

but then she fell to the floor with a gasp as vecna had been flung across the hall, and was now in the air. a choked gasp escaped her lips as she sat up, eyes widened in confusion.

eleven walked towards him slowly, her hand raised as she walked towards vecna. she turned him to face her, and he growled. "you."

"hi." she spoke, before sending him crashing into the benches. nova watched as eleven ran towards her, helping her up.

"nova! are you okay?" she asked, holding onto her shoulders. "huh?" she frowned. "are you okay?" eleven repeated.

"yeah...are you...are you real?" she patted eleven's face as the girl had a awkward look as nova tugged on her cheeks. "did i make you?"

eleven took her hand and held it, nodding. "i'm real." she smiled as nova pulled her in for a hug, before pulling away and frowning. "but how?" she whispered.

"i piggybacked here from a pizza dough freezer." eleven spoke seriously. nova's face dropped, twisting in confusion. "...what?"

"uh..." eleven began, but a loud clatter could be heard from behind them as eleven stood up straight, walking towards it with nova following.

vecna stood up, facing them as nova gulped, widening her eyes as eleven glared slightly at him. "stay back." eleven told her.

nova looked at the girl in confusion, but did as she said as eleven and vecna walked towards each other slowly.

"this is like a movie with the bad guy and the hero." nova whispered, before realising what was actually going on and she had 2% chance at surviving whatever the hell was going on, so she stayed silent.

eleven and vecna faced each other as eleven looked up at him. "if you touch her again, i will kill you again."

"is that what you did? hmm? did you kill me? i am so glad you are here, eleven. this...is going to be beautiful. so beautiful. and it's all thanks to you." vecna spoke as he lifted loads of spikes into the air, using his powers to chuck them at eleven, who easily dodged them and sent them flying into the wall.

whilst she did this, vecna sent her flying back as she fell onto the stage with a gasp, crashing the table and record playa as nova widened her eyes.

then, she was being dragged around the hall, crashing into anything near her eyes nova brought a hand to her mouth in shock.

vecna walked toward her, as nova picked up a wooden plank and ran towards him, her footsteps giving it away as vecna flung her at a wall, banging her head as she got knocked out.

oh my lord wake up queen