I Hate Heights

I hate heights, literally everything about them is terrifying. Even being on top of a sky scraper is enough to have me feel like puking over the edge. So why, you may ask me, if I'm so terrified off heights then why the heck am I currently chasing a plane at an altitude of about thirty-four thousand feet?  Well, because I'm a superhero. That's scared off heights. Whatever, I'm here aren't I?

Anyway, hi, I'm Alison Taylor, but you can call me Alice, and yes, I am a superhero. I live in New York with my friends Jess and Aeon who are both superheros as well. Also, Aeon is a Android, yep, that's an important fact you should know about her.  

Back to the story, currently me and Aeon, whose super hero name is Uncanny, are going to save a whole bunch of French kids who are coming over for something called French-American Friendship Week. It's a week honoring how much the French and Americans have helped each other over the years, if you couldn't guess by the name. I suppose I am contributing to this friendship by making sure the French kids don't plummet to their deaths in a plane. 

As Aeon and I get closer to the plane I see Techno Pirate, one of the biggest pain in the neck villains you'll ever meet, on top of one of the wings. Techno Pirate has the ability to shut down any piece of technology, superhuman strength, and he throws these weird blue bomb things. Which basically means that even if you manage to catch him, then he will probably break out in week anyway. 

"What should we do?" asks Aeon. I quickly asses the situation. Techno Pirate has ripped off an engine. People in the plane are screaming. Aeon can't get too close to Techno Pirate because if he touches her she would shut off. And we don't have any other superheros around to help us. Great, but it's totally fine, I can handle this. 

"Okay," I say, "you calm down the people on board and I'll handle Techno Bro." She nods and quickly flies over to the window where a girl with blue hair and a boy with blonde hair are sitting inside looking stunned. 

Aeon places her hand on the metal right next to the plane window and uses her Android powers to hijack the speakers in the plane. "Everything is going to be fine, we have this under control, please return to your seats and buckle in." While she is doing this I leap off her back, where I've been crouching, onto the top of the plane and quickly run down to the wing that Techno Pirate is so set on destroying. 

"Hey bro, weren't you in prison like two days ago?" I say hopping down to the wing where he's standing. 

Techno the Psycho laughs, well, crazily. "Yes, but your puny prison system can't keep me in it for long." Then whips one of his infamous blue bombs out of who knows where and throws it at me. Okay, this next part takes some explaining. Look, I have superpowers, but they are very, uh, dangerous, actually, I prefer to use the word unstable. I mean, I'll use them if I have to but usually when I do my emotions tend to screw it all up. Now, you're probably thinking, so basically, you're a superhero with no superpowers. That's not true, technically, even though I don't like using my superpowers doesn't mean I'm useless. I've been training in several fight styles and with several different weapons since I was five. I'm pretty good, if I do say so myself. Also, I'm not completely without any sort of magical object thingy because I have this weapon that shifts into the weapon I need at the moment. Very helpful, unless the weapon turns into something I don't know how to use, which has happened, a lot more times than I would like to say.   

I grab my magical weapon off my belt which turned into a staff and hit the bomb at Techno Pirate. It was pretty lucky that it was one of those timer bombs instead of an explode on impact one, because if it was, well, then it would have not been a good day for me.  

Techno Pirate is surprised to see his own bomb come flying at him but he manages to dodge it. I run at him trying hard to not think about how high in the air I am. As my staff turns into two fighting batons I get on my knees and slide to Techno Pirate. Surprising him, I hit him in the stomach and on his head. He starts trying to punch me which I have to jump around to avoid. His punches are getting closer though and it's getting harder and harder to avoid them.  

Then Techno Pirate is blasted by a purple laser coming out of nowhere. Actually, it didn't come from nowhere, it actually came from Aeon who has this rather creepy third eye that appears when she transforms into her superhero form, Uncanny. But Techno the Bro wasn't prepared for that so he's knocked off his feet and sent flying. He hits the plane window and the people inside start screaming. 

"Hey Uncanny," I yell, "where the heck is your mom and the other superheros?" 

"My mother is on her way," Aeon says calmly. "She says Knight-Owl and Sparrow are on their way, and to keep Techno Pirate distracted for as long as possible. 

Lovely. "Hey," I yell at Techno Pirate who is currently about to rip off the other plane engine on the wing. "Dude, what do you think you're going to accomplish by getting rid of that? Do you really want to fall that badly? I mean, if you want to fly, get a trampoline." Of course, Techno the Psycho doesn't listen and instead yanks harder on the engine. All right, that's it. I run at him batons in hand as I feel them transform into a Harley-Quinn like hammer. Now let's see, what do you do with a hammer? Oh yeah, you hit things with it.  

"I'm talking to you buddy!" I yell. Then I swing the hammer at him and whack him right in the face.  

"Ow, that hurts!" whines Techno Pirate crumbling onto the wing.

I scoff, "that's what you get when you try to crash a plane bro." 

Aeon smiles at me as she lands by my side on the plane. "You did very well today." 

As I go to say thanks I'm cut off by Techno Pirate yelling, "but not good enough." Whipping around to look at him I'm met with a very nasty sight. Techno the Bro putting the final yank into the plane engine. The entire plane immediately tilted sending me off balance, before I could reach onto something to hold on to I found myself in my worst nightmare.  

I was falling. Presumably to my death. Then I wasn't. 

"Huh?" I said, looking up to see Majestia, my foster mom whose real name is Olympia, holding me up. "Oh, hi." I said. 

"Hello honey," she replied setting me down on top of the plane next to Aeon. "Be right back." 

I watched as she flew to the bottom of the plane and set it straight again. I look up and see that Knight-Owl and Sparrow have finally arrived. Knight-Owl took out Techno Pirate and Aeon sealed the plane engine back on. 

"I missed all the fun," whined Sparrow as I jumped down next to her on the wing. 

"Not really," I said, "I almost fell to my death." Speaking of which I didn't feel that great, more like puking off the side of the plane but obviously I couldn't because that would make me look stupid. Especially because when I looked at the window behind where me and Sparrow were standing, a girl with brown hair fading into red was filming the entire fight. Hope that doesn't go on YouTube.

"Everyone ready to go?" asked Majestia. We all nodded. "Alright then," she said, "lets go." I hopped on Aeon back as Majestia speaks to the people on the plane, "welcome to the United States and I hope you enjoy your stay." I salute the plane as us superheros fly off into the sunset.  

🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇 

Hi, this is one of my first written works, I have written scripts and screen plays for certain things but I have never written a fan fiction story. Any feedback/ideas are great because for all I know this might be total trash. I don't own any of the characters all rights go to the Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir creators. Also picture credit goes to iStock. Anyway, thanks for reading! 🙂