Eavesdropping

You're probably thinking that since I was going to follow Ladybug and Chat Noir to who knows where I was going to jump off the building really dramatic like, you know, maybe get some dramatic close-ups. You're funny. Yeah, I just took the stairs.  

Running out the lobby, I glanced to my left where Knight-Owl was swinging away in the distance. I sighed, Knight-Owl was going about this all wrong. Anybody knows that if you are going to run from someone who can literally fly, you're going to go somewhere where being able to fly wouldn't be an advantage. There were a ton of buildings around, but entering any of them would cause a lot of unwanted attention. Then I saw it, the perfect escape. A manhole cover. What do manhole covers cover? Sewers. 

Looking around quickly, I picked up the manhole cover and dropped into one of the most disgusting places in New York. Replacing the manhole cover in its place I listened for any sign of life. Listening closely, I could hear the sound of running footsteps. I swiftly followed the sound. All I could really think was that I was eigher chasing two French superheros or some weirdo living down in the sewers. 

The footsteps paused just as I reached a corner. Peeking around I confirmed my suspicions. Chat Noir and Ladybug were standing on either side of a divide in the tunnels. I quickly hid behind the corner but could still hear what they were saying somewhat clearly. 

"We have to feed our kwami's so we can get back to Paris and fight Robostus!" Ladybug says confidently. She continues, saying, "let's see how the fight is doing." 

I strain to hear another voice that sounds tinny, like it's coming out of a speaker or something. The voice says, "Paris was attacked by the super-villain Robostus today, we have a reporter on the scene now." Ladybug and Chat Noir gasp as the voice goes on to say, "You can see the damage done clearly. Parisians are terrified. Where were Ladybug and Chat Noir? And will Ladybug be able to fix the extensive damage caused?" I froze, I didn't know Paris had been attacked. Why were Ladybug and Chat Noir really here? American-French Friendship Week wasn't a good enough excuse to leave the city you have to protect. 

Ladybug suddenly spoke, she sounded like she was crying, "we waited too long, my lucky charm can't fix this!" 

"Why?" asked Chat Noir, "can't you just do your lucky charm once we're back in Paris?" I was wondering the same thing.  

"No," Ladybug said, her voice wavering, "my lucky charm can only fix damage done by a specific person or being. But that super villain is already gone. Which means I can't fix it!" I felt terrible for Ladybug and Chat Noir, but I thought that their main super-villain was here. Maybe he was smarter than they thought.

"Spots off," said Ladybug. 

"Claws in," said Chat Noir. 

Two bright flashes of light appeared around the corner where I stood frozen. All I could think was how Chat Noir and I were both lucky Ladybug had a lucky charm. Without it, I don't even know what would have happened. 

"Knight-Owl is right, my miraculous is too dangerous," said Chat Noir quietly, "I don't deserve it. I left Paris without telling you, I ruined everything, and if Uncanny hadn't been an android, I would have killed her." 

"I'm sorry," Chat Noir quietly, "I renounce you Plagg."

"WHAT?!" gasped Ladybug, "NO!" 

"I don't deserve this power," said Chat Noir sadly, "and I can't risk hurting anyone ever again, especially you." 

I heard the sound of someone running away and Ladybug was crying harder than ever. I stood there in shock. I stood up to run away in case Ladybug decided to leave the gross sewers. When I realized Ladybug had taken off her disguise. Now it was my chance to find out who she really was. Then I heard Ladybug crying. I couldn't do that to her now. That just wasn't fair.