Fight at the Museum

You always know it's going to be a bad day when a super villain drops in from the roof. Looking at Jess and Aeon, I saw they were transforming into their super hero forms, so I did too. Quickly putting my hair up in a pony-tail as blue streaks flew through my hair. Next I grabbed my mask that covered just my mouth, because after seeing that one superhero movie with the guy with the scary mask that fought the guy with the shield. I deemed that it was a pretty scary look. After that my clothes transformed into a long-sleeve, skin-tight, shiny blue shirt. My pants turned into a short black skirt (with shorts on underneath) with the same color of the shirt lining the bottom. Lastly I grabbed my magical returning weapon out of the bag and while that might SOUND like it took a long time it was only a couple of seconds. 

Grabbing Uncanny's hand we flew up to the roof before Techno Pirate could see us. He seemed to just be experimenting with his powers right now. Touching a cannon three of his four mechanical arms that definitely hadn't been there before, transformed into cannons as well. Laughing rather evilly, Techno Pirate shot a cannon ball into the Lafayette exhibit. Running over he grabbed Lafayette's sword. 

'Hey Techno Pirate what are you doing down there?!" yelled Sparrow. 

Looking up at us in obvious anger, Techno Pirate yelled right back, "I don't have time to play with little kids!" On the last word he started shooting those cannon balls at us causing us to have to jump around to avoid them. 

"Why does he look so different?" I asked as a cannon ball almost clocked my head. 

"I don't know," says Uncanny "something is interfering with my scans of him." 

Sparrow dodged a ball headed for her stomach and said, "let's get closer and see if we can figure out why." 

"On it!" says Uncanny grabbing my hand and flying us down to where Techno Pirate was shooting cannon balls in every direction. I wasn't sure if he was really trying too hard to aim anymore. 

Dropping me down on the ground Uncanny flew up high and blasted Techno Pirate with her eye laser, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Sparrow was dodging the cannon balls and also seemed to be trying to hit Techno Pirate with her metal throwing stars. Sadly, it seemed to not have any effect on him. Suddenly I remembered something rather important. My friends and I had left Adrien and Marinette here. With only one exit, which was locked. Crap. 

Running to where I had last seen them which was behind one of the stone columns I had just hid  with Sparrow and Uncanny not more than ten minutes ago. I yelled, "anyone over here?" I couldn't yell their names because that would be a little suspicious. Generally superheroes don't know the names of random civilians by accident.   

Going around one of the stone columns I whacked into a boy. Well, not technically a boy. More like a boy in a black cat suit. He looked pretty familiar. Then I realized from where, "Chat Noir, what are YOU doing here?" 

"Uh," he said looking embarrassed, "look, a French girl named Marinette is in danger." 

"No she's not, I got her to safety," says a voice behind me. Turning around I see Ladybug. What the heck are they doing here?  

Ladybug was glaring at Chat Noir very intensely. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" she yelled. "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN PARIS!" 

Chat Noir looked a little scared, I don't blame the guy, Ladybug was acting a little crazy. 

"Aren't you guys both supposed to be in Paris?" I ask, very confused at this point.  

Ladybug turned on me, "I'm sorry, but who are you?" she asked, sounding incredibly annoyed. 

"Oh," I say, "my name is Mayhem, so, hi." I put out my hand for Ladybug to shake but she just looks at it like she wants to rip it off my arm so I quickly bring it back. "You guys are really supposed to be in Paris, I mean, you do know we have superheroes in New York, right?" 

"We're here for uh," Chat Noir looks at Ladybug, "friendship week, yeah." 

"Stop chatting and come help us," yells Sparrow. Oh yeah, there's still a super villain to defeat. 

"Time to go," I say looking at the French superheros and running off to help. 

Ladybug and Chat Noir run on my left and right. Ladybug looks like she is ready to explode. Chat Noir on the other hand is asking, "so, you've heard of us, are we famous here among the superheroes?"  

I shrug, "Not really, I've just heard a lot about you because of the whole friendship week." Chat Noir looks disappointed to hear that. 

Techno Pirate is shooting cannon balls at Uncanny. Sparrow seems to be trying to contact Knight-Owl. Upon seeing us Techno Pirate starts yelling, "not more annoying kids, where do you keep coming from?!" 

Dodging a shot I say,"I've never seen Techno Pirate this powerful before," I'm pretty worried that we won't be able to beat him. 

"He's been akumatized," yells Chat Noir. 

"What the heck does that mean?!" I yell back. 

"Basically in Paris we have this one very powerful villain called Hawk Moth that can turn anyone evil if they feel any type of negative emotion," says Chat Noir.  

"So you must have to fight bad guys all the time?" I ask. 

"Pretty much." Chat Noir smirks, "you could say I'm pawsome at it." I'm not sure whether I should laugh or whack him over the head.  

Thankfully I don't have to because yet another superhero joins the fight. Doorman, aka Mr. Gate. "Come on kids, you need to get to safety!" he yells opening a door which makes a portal. All of us quickly run into it. The portal leads us outside the museum, away from Techno Pirate, which is nice. 

"Has Knight-Owl responded back yet?" I ask. We could use their help, for sure. 

Sparrow just shakes her head, "when I was trying to talk to them, Techno Pirate blasted my mic out of my ear." I flinch, sounds like that would hurt a lot. 

Uncanny, who is hovering next to me says, "shouldn't we contact the adults for help?" 

"No," says Sparrow firmly, "Ladybug and Chat Noir don't have to ask for anyone's permission to do what's right, so neither should we. I'm mean look how well they're working together." 

Looking over at them I see a very angry Ladybug screaming at a very scared Chat Noir. Seems like they're doing super well to me. 

Suddenly Techno Pirate smashes through the roof and runs away laughing. 

"Let's go get him!" yells Sparrow already chasing him. Running next to her all I can think is that it is going to be interesting. A rebellious superhero, a superhero that can't even touch the super villain, and superhero partners who are very angry at each other. What could go wrong? 

🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇🎇 

Hope you enjoyed reading it! Picture credit to Kellen Goff on Twitter. Feedback is always great. Thanks for reading! 🙂