31

JUNGKOOK POV

Jungkook's anger burned bright for those first few days back at sea.

If his father hadn't known Jimin was pregnant, that would have been something but Jungkook had given Kai explicit permission to pass that information on.

He hoped that news of impending grandchildren would change the king's mind.

It made him sick to think his father had been willing to put his own family at risk.

No matter how illegitimate they may have been in the eyes of the crown, they were still blood.

Jimin was clearly rattled by what had happened.

At first, jungkook assumed that was why he wasn't settling back on the boat.

The omega wasn't sleeping well and was off his food.

It was only when he found him throwing up one afternoon that he started to think it was something more.

"I'll get you some water," he told the omega helping him up onto the deck for some fresh air and alerting Tae.

When he climbed back up Tae had Jimin sitting down talking quietly to him.

He crouched next to them. "How are you feeling, Baby?"

"Do you think you could keep some water down?"

He held out the cup and Jimin took it sipping the water slowly.

Taking a closer look at the omega, he didn't like what he saw.

"Does your stomach hurt?"

Jimin shook his head. "No, but my head aches."

Jungkook glanced at Tae who pushed to his feet.

"I'm going to get the monitor Kai sent with the supplies."

It had been a welcome surprise to find a small blood pressure and heart rate monitor among what Kai had sent to the island.

They'd been keeping an eye on Jimin's readings knowing that was important during pregnancy.

"Any other symptoms?" Jungkook checked.

"Anything, no matter how small or insignificant might be important."

Jimin chewed on his lower lip before answering. "It's probably nothing but I had a pain this morning."

"Not my stomach but higher." He gestured to his ribs.

"Like someone had tied a belt really tight around me."

Taehyung returned with the monitor wrapped it securely around jimin's wrist and pressed the button.

"It was a little high the last two times I checked it," Tae said softly.

"But nothing too concerning."

Jungkook held Jimin's other hand in his while the monitor took its reading.

He knew from Tae's face that the news wasn't good.

"Let's check it again," Tae said.

"Other wrist."

They switched and tried it again and he got a firsth and look at the number this time showing it to Tae whose face grew grim as he shook his head.

"It's definitely higher than it should be But it's still nothing to panic over."

"High blood pressure and pregnancy go hand in hand,"

he told Jimin. "What you need is bed rest."

Between them they helped Jimin down below deck and settled him in bed.