Chapter 2

Percy rounded a corner into the park, it was the one place he could think. His eyes wandered to the duck pond where a girl was sleeping by the waters edge. He sat down on a bench and swung his legs back and forth slowly. She looks a little like Annabeth, he thought. His heart sunk, Annabeth, Wisegirl, she was dead. He longed to comb his fingers through her hair again and hear her promise they would be together, always.

     Suddenly Percy heard a shuffling sound coming from the bushes behind him, and he quickly jumped off of the bench facing whatever was out there. He toyed with Riptide, which was in his pocket, capped. 

    "I know you're out there," he rolled his eyes, "you really need to work on your stealth."

    "You and Sophie come with us, and nobody has to get hurt." A red and gold metal suited man said as he stepped out from the bushes.

    "No can do, and who's Sophie?" Percy asked, confused.

    " you know, Sophie Foster, Blonde hair, brown eyes with gold fle- hey! Where are you going!" 

   "He's a terrorist Stark, why would he tell you." A red-head sassed the man, Stark.

     Percy ran to the girl by the duck pond, shaking her and trying to wake her up, and when she finally did Percy sighed. Her eyes were brown with flecks of pure gold.

    "Who are you?" She asked, standing up to see the people running towards them, "Who are they?!"

     "I don't know who they are but I'm Percy, Percy Jackson. Are you Sophie Foster?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

     "I don't know who they are but I'm Percy, Percy Jackson. Are you Sophie Foster?

     "What are you, James Bond," Sophie muttered under her breath before her brain caught up with what he had said.

     "How do you know my name?" She asked quietly, as the others got closer.

      "Because," Percy paused, "because those people over there, they want to detain us or whatever."

      Sophie huffed, one day in the forbidden cities and she was running from the law. Great! She thought sarcastically.

     "If you just come with us, we won't need to fight." 

    "Yeah right," Sophie snorted, "like I'm going to let complete strangers detain me 'peacefully'."

     "Then we'll just have to do this the hard way." A crimson guy said while floating up into the air, were they elves? A guy wearing American flag spandex ran towards them shouting.

      "Avengers Assemble!"

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Nobody's P.O.V

      The fight officially started when Captain America threw his shield at Percy, expecting him to fall. But Percy caught it and threw it back, knocking the unexpecting Avenger unconcious.

     Meanwhile Natasha charged towards Sophie with a dagger in hand but Sophie was ready and used one of her knives and throwing it at Natasha making it embed in her shoulder. Natasha fell, throwing the knife she was holding at Sophie, but Percy caught it before it could reach the target.

      "Thanks" Sophie said, smiling.

      "No problem," Percy smirked.

     Soon later the two teens were tiring and there were still three avengers left. Sophie, realizing this, concentrates as hard as she could to make sure Percy didn't faint as she inflicted.

     She thought of her hatred for the neverseen, and Vespera. She thought of her hatred for Lady Gisela and Cassius. She thought of the pain she felt when she saw Keefe get blasted with the Shadowflux. She felt her hatred bubbling up until she was shaking and then, she let it go before slipping away into the darkness.