"𝘪'𝘮 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦" // 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺

Stu drops his hands, shocked.

He didn't know. How did he not know? Billy was his best fucking friend and he had failed to see the point -- the real point -- to killing Maureen Prescott. It was because she was a whore, Stu was right about that, but he had no idea she was the cause of of Billy's mother leaving. 

Sidney's eyes slowly made eye contact with Stu, causing him to put his gun in the air in a threatening way. She flinches and turns back to Billy. 

Stu's thoughts went back to Billy, but he kept his hands up, not wanting to let Billy down by dropping his hostile act and ruining the plan. 

"Stu. Stu!" Billy called, waving his knife in front of Stu's face. Stu shook his head, "Yeah?" Billy rolled his eyes, "The plan, Stu." Stu blinked before realizing it was time, "Oh! We've got a surprise for you Sidney, you're gonna love this!" He steps backwards out the door, "I'll be right back!" 

A few seconds later, Stu comes back with Mr. Prescott and hand. "Daddy!" Sidney yells. She tries to lunge at her bruised father, but Billy holds her still. She starts thrashing around in Billy's grip. "This is getting boring, but I'll do you some justice, Sid." He says, laughing when she stops moving. "Any last words, sweetheart?" 

The pet name had Stu's blood boiling, but he pushed it below the surface, knowing it would be over soon. 

Sidney started sobbing again, loudly too, "Fuck you! Both of you! Someone will figure this out you sons of bitches-" Billy cut her off, literally, by the throat. Mr. Prescott sat on the floor, squirming and crying. Stu took the gag out and quickly replaced it with his gun. He got close and whispered, "This is for Billy you shit head." 

BANG

 Mr. Prescott's body sunk to deeper into the floor. "That's gonna be a bitch to clean up." Stu says, running a blood hand through his hair. "So is this." Billy says as he sinks the knife into his best friend's side. Stu yelps, letting out a choked sob, "You could have warned me, Billy." He laughs, "What would be the fun in that?" 

"My turn." Stu says, snatching the knife from Billy's hands. He takes a few deep breathes before stabbing the smaller boy in the side. "Ow!" Billy yells, lightly smacking Stu in the arm. They both put the weapons down, sliding against the counter onto the tiled floor next to each other. 

"Hey, Billy?"

"Yeah, Stu?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what, Stu?"

"About..you know..your mom and Mrs. Prescott. I mean, I knew she was sleeping with your dad, but I didn't know that was the reason your mother left. You could've told me."

Billy turns his head away from Stu, seeing faint flashing bright lights outside, "How could I have told you, Stu? You have different priorities right now." 

"Different priorities? I'm your best friend, Billy! You should be telling me these things." Stu says, raising his voice. Tears fill Billy's eyes, "I'm sorry, Stu." Stu looks at Billy, "I don't want an apology, Billy. I'm right here. You can always talk to me, you know that I..." 

Billy sat there for a moment, waiting for the rest of the sentence. "You what?" He asks, turning his head back to an glossy-eyed Stu. "Stu?" He asks in a hushed voice. Billy crawls over to Stu's limp body. "Stu. Stu, please. I'm right here. I promise you, I'm right here." 

There's shouting outside of the house. The door slams open, but Billy's attention stays fixated on his best friend.

"I'm right here."