Foresight (Part Three)

Z-O-M-B-I-E-S x Teen Wolf crossover

It's easy after that. Easy to turn around, laughing, when the rest of the wolves finally pour into the cavern and gasp in awe at the sight of the moonstone finally there before him. It's easy to watch as Wyatt presses his moonstone necklace against it, to see his eyes flash gold again and know that he's not dying any longer. It's easy to realize that you saved him, saved all of his pack. It makes you feel like you might be worth saving yourself.

From there, the werewolves dissolve into groups, some figuring out how to get everyone to the moonstone and others making sure no humans will try and take it back. The zombies (still weird to think about, sorry Seabrook) show up to help lift the moonstone out of the cavern and take it back to the home of the pack.

You find yourself drifting towards the edges of the frenzy of activity, ready to help at any moment but content to stand and watch everyone go back to normal. After a few minutes, you notice someone walking up to you, and smile when you realize it's Wyatt, come to check in on you.

He doesn't say anything at first, just stands side by side with you. He watches the proceedings with a satisfied look on his face. "You know, some part of me was getting worried that we might never find the moonstone. I don't know what we would have done if we didn't have you."

You laugh quietly, fighting the proud rush of heat to your cheeks. "You would have found your actual Great Alpha instead of some banshee with white hair." 

Wyatt turns to study you, lips turned up in a gentle smile. "I don't know about that. I think I prefer some banshee with white hair over a Great Alpha any day."

You raise an eyebrow. "Even if she's supposedly in your prophecy? What if I messed that up by coming here and finding the moonstone, like she was supposed to do it in a different way?" 

Wyatt ponders this for a moment, then shrugs. "How do you know you're not the Great Alpha, anyway?" 

You give him an incredulous look. "Do I look like a werewolf?" 

Wyatt just grins. "We couldn't tell much of everything from the prophecy. All we could see was white hair." 

You poke him in the shoulder, but it just makes his smile grow. "And she was howling. Like a wolf." 

Wyatt pokes you back, and you try to dodge but he chases after you. "We saw her do something that could be a howl. Maybe it was a banshee scream." 

You laugh as you try to escape both Wyatt's attacks and his relentless optimism. "I think you're trying too hard to explain this. What if I just interrupted your prophecy and there is a Great Alpha out there that's wondering how she's supposed to save you all by finding the moonstone if you already have it?"

Wyatt puts an end to your escape attempts by wrapping his arms around you, picking you up and spinning in a slow circle. You shriek and try to push him away, but only half heartedly. 

When Wyatt finally puts you down, he stays there for a second, forehead pressed against yours. "What if I like having you here, and I don't want any Great Alpha but you?"

You open your mouth to refute this, but for some reason the heat in your cheeks is so strong that you can't manage to get the words out. "Then you should have said that beforehand." 

Wyatt chuckles. "I'm fairly sure I did. Are you sure you heard me okay? You're looking a little flustered."

You shove him in the chest, but it just makes him laugh. "I've never been flustered in my life, I don't know what you're talking about."