Sixty-Seven

╔══════════════╗

Emily

I had tried to ignore the stares I was getting from Bucky and Steve, but it was hard not to. Their dark looks made me shiver with pleasure and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't push those feelings into the back of my head.

I was supposed to be mad at them for how they treated me. But my god did I want to forgive them and kiss them both so hard. No. I had to make them work for it. I wasn't going to bend over and forgive them that easily. It would have made me feel weak and like a pushover.

"I need to pee!" I said to Nat and she waved me away. I downed my drink as I headed through the crowd on the dancefloor and placed my empty bottle on the bar. I then weaved my way towards the toilet but there was a long queue. Good thing I owned this place.

I bypassed the bouncers and headed past the VIP section and upstairs to where the offices were and one of the storerooms for the bar. I stretched my hands high above my head and went into the small office that I used to fall asleep in when things got too much. Or when I drank too much.

I pressed my thumb on the lock and it popped open. 

It wasn't much of an office. It was more like a studio flat. Thanks to my brother he made it my little getaway. The bed was still freshly made and the computer looked like it had been updated. Not a surprise. Tony never did like the old computer I used to use when I locked myself away here. The kitchen may have been small but it was practical.

Once I used the bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror.

I never thought I'd change my hair colour like this. I had been bright pink before but going blonde was new and I freaking loved it. I looked amazing and I felt sexy. 

"We need to talk,"

My breath caught in my chest and I stepped out of the bathroom to see Jared standing there, swaying slightly, "How the hell did you get in here?"

"I'm not as stupid as you think," He scoffed, "Are you going to let me talk?"

"You just did. Now get the fuck out before I throw you out,"

Jared smirked, "That's the thing I always loved about you, Emily. You always tell it how it is but being a hoe isn't something I appreciate,"

"What are you talking about Jared?" I sighed, "Just leave. I told you I never want to see you again. I don't know why you are even attempting to talk to me. I don't want to hear it so this is your last warning. Get the fuck out of here,"

"Ok," He shrugged and he put his hands in his pockets, "Just one thing before I leave you to it,"

"Make it quick,"

"Hail Hydra," He whispered.

Steve

I had lost sight of Emily and I was beginning to worry. She wasn't on the dance floor with her friends and she wasn't in the toilet.

"Where is she, Steve?" Bucky asked.

"I don't know," I said and I grabbed Nat's arm, "Where is Emily?"

"Toilet,"

"I just checked. She isn't there,"

"Fuck," Nat said and grabbed Wanda, "Have you seen Emily?"

"Something is wrong," Wanda said, "She only went to the toilet!"

I cursed under my breath and scanned the place again, "Where did her ex go?"

Nat's eyes went wide and she spun on her heel running through the club. Bucky and I followed her and I heard Wanda knocking people out of the way as she came with us. Nat glanced at a bouncer standing by a door and he stepped out of the way to let us through. 

Taking two steps at a time, Nat was fast and she was in front of another door in seconds.

"Emily? Are you in there?" Nat called through the door, "Sweetie open the door!"

"Move," Bucky said, and put his foot on the lock, "Ow. The fuck?!"

"It's made by Tony," Nat said, and pulled something from her leather jacket, "Don't give me that look. I'm a fucking spy,"

The door's lock clicked open a few moments later and I pushed through the door first.

"What...what the hell?" Bucky said, "Doll? Are you ok?"

Emily looked up from Jared lying face down in his own blood and she nodded, "I...I think he is dead,"

I rushed to her side and grabbed her face making her look at me, "Look at me. Emily, now,"

Emily looked at me and I saw emptiness behind her eyes, "I think I killed him,"

"Forget about that right now. Are you ok? What happened?"

"He broke in and wanted to talk," Emily said and she burst into a panicked laugh, "He then said Hail Hydra and then it happened so quickly. He was pulling a weapon on me and he hit me. He hit me in the nose. Can you see? He made me bleed so I took the weapon from him and I hit him back. Then I shot him. I shot him and now he is dead,"

Bucky looked up at me and nodded, "He is dead,"

"Good," I said, pulling Emily into a tight hug, "He didn't deserve to live. You did well, baby,"

"I killed my ex-boyfriend," Emily said.

"He was a deadbeat anyway," Nat said, "He was lucky to live this long,"

"Not the time, Nat," I said, glaring at her, "We need to clean this mess up. Emily, I'm taking you home. We need to talk,"

"If you say what he said I will have to hurt you,"

"Doll, are you sure that is all that happened?"

"Yes. Why?" Emily asked.

"This place looks like a mess and there has clearly been a fight," Bucky said and he held her face in his hands, "Doll, look at me. Did he hurt you anywhere else?"

Emily frowned, "I...I don't remember,"

"Let's go home," Bucky said, "Don't push us away. Wanda, get the others and tell Tony we are on the way home,"

"What should I tell him?" Wanda asked.

"Tell him there's a dead body to get rid of," I said, walking Emily out of the room.

╚══════════════╝