1- Usual Birthdays

It was a cold freezing morning. Hyunji tucked herself in the covers of the bed. Her room full of glass of soju and wine all over the room from drinking all night to celebrate her 20th birthday which makes her an adult now. On the Sofa next to her was Sooyeon who's busy snoring as her greetings to the blinding ray of sun.

Hyunji's parents are both away for business. They couldn't make it to her birthday so she she asked her best friend to come over and celebrate her birthday with her.

Sooyeon heard her phone buzzing as it hit 11 am in the morning. They stayed all night and couldn't even make herself reach the phone. She finally had the energy to wake herself up. "Hyunji. You should get up now. ! You're parents are coming early this morning remember?" Sooyeon was still tired from their night party but as her friend she wouldn't want her friend to be caught.

In fact if they found out about this she'll get grounded from going out or worst. "What!" as if all her nerves was woken up at Sooyeon's warning.

Turning her phone on she gasped at the time it's showing.  " Ms. Min! Hurry up and come here.!" She hissed at the house cleaner she didn't care about what she's doing. All she thinks about is how can she come there in an instant.  She needed someone to clean up the mess they made. Her lazy ass won't be able to do it herself.
"I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it, today is my day o-"

"You're  fired!!" She dropped the call not wanting to hear anything from her.  She's someone very impatient and won't buy any of your reasons even if it's really urgent.  " Hey! Do you have the authority to do that? I'm sure you're mom will be looking for you're nanny." Sooyeon furrowed.

"You  know what just worry about cleaning up this mess. " She shrugged.

It's all too late now. They couldn't finish this all up and her parents got surprised seeing the all messed up house. There's even party lights, confetti , bottles of wines, and  bunch of wasted foods.

"Lee Hyun Ji! " Her mom screamed.

"I think I should be going home now Hyunie. " Sooyeon murmured to her as she makes her way out but failed when her mom won't let her go. "And where do you think you're going? Sooyeon! You reek of alcohol." She didn't need to check on Hyunji, by how she looks now, she clearly drank more than a bottle.

They already removed the birthday banner so Ms. Lee didn't saw it. "You kids. Really.. " she deadpanned. "You girls? Do you think you two are old enough to be drinking this much?" Her eyes were busy counting the bottles of wine.

"Hyunji... You know the consequence of this right? You're one week grounded. No phones, no internet.. reflect on yourself. "

"But  mom!" Hyunji protested but once her mom gives the word, it won't never be changed. 

" She clearly has forgotten about my birthday then? Why did I even hoped at all. " Hyunji laughed in pain inside. She was disappointed but she's not surprised. This is not the first time her mom forgotten about this day.

"Well, you know... You're mom is super busy type of person... I'm sure your dad remembers your day." Sooyen wanted to make her friend feel better although she's not so sure.

"I doubt it, he would be here by now if he haven't forgotten too." She signed.

Growing up, she's used to spending her birthday with only Sooyen by her side. Her parents are either busy or away for a business trip.

Happy Birthday Love!

a message popped up on her phone. It was from her longtime boyfriend Taejoon. They will be meeting up tonight to celebrate her birthday with her.

When they're finally done cleaning up. Sooyen can go now since it's safe for her to go. Hyunji's parents driver brought her home. Before she parted with her dear friend she whispered happy birthday again on her ear. Making Hyunji hug her genuinely. She rarely shows affection to Sooyen but when she does it's the most genuine thing she could do. "Call me when you're home." Sooyen nodded. 

Life is horrible for her but with Sooyen and Taejoon by her side, it makes it bearable for her.