i

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 : 𝐌𝐑𝐒. 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂

nov.6th 1983

𝐉𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐍𝐄 stood in front of a tall mirror, adjusting her clothes. dark blue pinafore sat nicely over a short-sleeved white collard shirt, complimenting her body. soon she combed her ginger locks and grabbed a sky blue cardigan, walking out of her bedroom, quietly shutting the door, heading downstairs, where she'd be welcomed by her mother.  

as expected edith stood there, in the hallway, waiting for her daughter with the usual irritated look on her face,  the lime dress-suit outfit putting her image together. as soon as jolyne appeared in her sight she glanced at her watch, gasping dramatically.

"it's nearly 8, we're going to be late. " - the woman stated, grabbing her daughter by her wrist and dragging her out of the house. not bothering to lock the doors, they moved towards her  black chevrolet, edith sitting in the driver's seat, jolyne next to her. she started the engine and drove towards the gate.

" once you get in, don't forget to take the tranquilizer i gave to you. it's important for you to remain calm and make right moves."- she said, looking over her daughter who wasn't paying much of an attention. she sighed at the sight. " listen jolyne, the contest won't win itself if you don't concentrate.".

jolyne was known as the mastermind in town, her taking part in chess championships gave her the name and plenty of money on the other hand. she became a town champion at the age of 12 and  continued pursuing for the title of grandmaster. but sometimes all of these was against her will. her mother was the one who took a huge part in creating her persona.

it was the weekends, which meant that local chess championships were hosted, so edith couldn't miss the opportunity to consume some cash, but jolyne didn't really care. don't get me wrong, she really loved playing chess, actually the game meant too much for her. it was an escape for the girl and the only place where she could decide the fate of hers. but everything went downhill after her mother got involved.