7: Constellations

Steve got into his bed and sat there staring at me. "Are you getting in or not Munson?" Steve asked. "Maybe I should just sleep on the couch," I said about to leave the room. "Stop being a pussy and get in the bed," Steve said laying down. "With everything that's just happened? I could try to... it's not safe" I tried to reason with him. "Well, I wouldn't let you. You could be turning into a giant spider and I'd still let you stay... Maybe not a spider but you get the point" Steve said quickly. I chuckled. "Yeah right," I smiled.

I slipped into the bed beside him and faced away from him. I could feel Steve's eyes burning into the back of my skull. "I can feel you staring at me Steveie" I mocked. "First off: Never call me that again. Second off: I'm not" He said sitting up. I turned over and looked up at him. "Why can't I call you Steveie," I asked putting on a pouty face. Steve put a pillow on my face. "Don't do that face! It's weird!" Steve laughed. I pulled the pillow off my face. "How dare you shove a pillow into my face!" I said in a dramatic voice as I sat up.

Steve and I stared at each other for a second. "Do you want to do something?" Steve asked. "Like what?" I questioned. "We could go somewhere" Steve offered. "I don't know if I should leave the house. House arrest" I said tilting my head slightly. "I could temporarily lift it" Steve said. "If you insist" I smiled. "I'll get dressed," Steve said getting up.

Steve took off his shirt and started looking for a new one. I bought myself staring and quickly looked away. I can't look at him like that. He wouldn't like me even before the vampire shit started. He only likes girls.

"You ready? "Steve asked. I looked up and saw he had my vest on. "You actually kept that?" I asked. "Yeah of course. Why wouldn't I?" he asked. I felt my face flush a little. I shrugged and got out of bed.

We walked down the side of the road using flashlights so we could see. "Where are we going?" I groaned. "Will you just be patient? You're whining" He said flashing the flashlight in my face. "Hey hey hey I like being able to see if you'd care to not do that. Also, I'm not whining Harrington. Just asking" I said as Steve took the light out of my face. We continued walking down the road. "I don't know where we're going I just needed to get out for a while" Steve admitted. I nodded. "Why don't we go to my trailer and we can go to Skull Rock after" I offered. "I don't see why not" Steve smirked.

We headed to skull rock after I grabbed a lighter and a few joints from my trailer. I figured I'd surprise Steve with him. He had to have at least smoked once.

We hiked up the hill that leads up to Skull Rock. "Why did you want to go to skull rock?" Steve asked. "I don't know. It's a nice place to hang out. I used to go there a lot when I was younger to get away from everything" I said. Steve looked at me for a second. "Get away from what?" he asked. I fell silent. I shouldn't have said anything. I should have left the 'to get away from everything' part out. I wasn't about to explain everything to him. "Nothing" I lied. Steve looked at me again then looked forward.

We got to Skull rock and sat down on the leaf-covered ground. "I have a surprise Harrington," I said going through my pocket in my jacket. "Oh god what is it," Steve asked. I pulled out the two joints and the lighter. "Have you ever smoked?" I asked. He stared at me. "Yeah," he said slowly. "Not that kind," Steve said slowly. "It'll be fun trust me" I smirked as I lit both. I handed one to him and he took it skeptically. I put the joint between my lips and breathed in. "Why are you so mistrusting?" I asked. He ignored my question and put the joint between his lips. I chuckled and looked up.

"You see that constellation right there?" I asked. Steve looked up and nodded. "It's called Perseus. He was a son on Posiden. He actually fought Medusa" I said looking over at Steve as he looked up at the night sky. "Who's Medusa?" he asked. I smiled at his interest. "She was cursed. When she looked anyone in the eye they would turn to stone. Where her hair used to be were dozens of venomous snakes that would snap at anyone who got too close to her. She died though. Perseus used her head in many adventures because even though it was cut off, the curse still worked." I explained. "Perseus seems like a dick" Steve scowled. "Well she did kill quite a few people," I said. Steve shrugged.