10: Oh Shit

(idk what to name this chapter)

 "So I wanted to talk to you more about what had happened," Steve said from the driver's seat of the car. We were rolling down the road in the pitch-black darkness with the headlights on Steve's car being the only thing illuminating our surroundings. It gave me glimpses of trees passing out the passenger window.

 "Look tomorrow I'm going to ask to stay at Dustin's. I'll get out of your hair soon enough" I said while continuing to look out the window. After a long silence, Steve sighed. "I want you to stay Munson," he said just loud enough for me to hear. I looked at him for the first time since I got in the car. "Why?" I ask. "Can we just not question it? Just leave it as it is before I change my mind" Steve chuckled. I smiled and nodded. Maybe he doesn't hate me.

 Once we got to Steve's house I had asked to sleep in the living room on the couch but he insisted I stay in his room. I was extremely confused. I figured the best he would do for me is let me have the guest room. Hell, I was expecting to sleep on the floor in the kitchen.

 When we got to Steve's room he didn't set up an area on the floor. He didn't give me pillows and blankets to set up anything. Nothing. Does he want me to sleep in his bed?

 "If you'll give me a blanket I can sleep on the couch," I said while standing awkwardly. "It's fine. It'd just be easier if we shared a bed" He said grabbing a pair of pajama pants and then tossing them to me. "You can wear those if you want," he said then immediately went back through his dresser to grab him a pair. He started to undress and I instantly turned around. I could feel myself panicking.

 "Are you ok?" Steve asked. I turned around as he just slipped a shirt over his head. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine" I said slightly embarrassed. I cautiously got dressed once Steve looked away. I felt like I was back in the boy's locker room again.

 I sat in the bed next to Steve who had already laid down facing the opposite direction. I did what he did and fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow.

 I woke up in the middle of the night to Steve's arms wrapped around me. I looked over at him but he was still completely asleep. I felt like if he woke up to this he may think it was my doing so I gently moved him over so he wouldn't wake up.

 I lay down in bed for a while longer but couldn't fall back asleep. I felt a headache coming on so I got up quietly and walked to the door. As I went down the stairs the headache got worse and worse to the point where I could barely see. I felt my body swaying back and forth once I reached the bottom of the stairs. I put my hand on the wall for support but I could feel my legs wobbling. 

 I fell to the ground with a wince. God, please don't let me hurt Steve. My whole body felt tingly and numb to the point where I could barely feel my own arms or legs. My head fell backward as my eyes rolled to the back of my head.

(words 582)