nine

the smell of cookies radiated soobin's small apartment, the two boys sat on the couch.

cuddled into one another as high school musical played beyond them, their two bodies molded perfectly with each other, with soobin being the bigger spoon whereas yeonjun was the smaller one.

soobin's eyes traveled down lightly to yeonjun's face, noticing the blonde was asleep. soft snores escaping his lips, as his mouth was held slightly agape. his blonde hair laid perfectly over his beautiful brown eyes, soobin smiled at him.

he didn't know what this feeling was with yeonjun, but he loved it. he even loved it more than the feeling he would get with his victims.

"quit staring, it's creepy." yeonjun whispered, nudging his head further into soobin's chest. soobin wrapped his arm around him, "you're adorable, how could i not." soobin said, tangling his fingers with yeonjun's soft locks.

"do you ever wonder what it would be like if you'd never would've talked to me that day?" yeonjun asked, moving his head to look at soobin.

soobin quirked his eyebrows, did he wonder? no. because he knew what he would be like. there would be more murders, for some reason yeonjun held him from doing that. he wasn't doing as much as he used to, but that urge. it was still there. it was never going away.

"sometimes." soobin replied meekly, not really giving yeonjun an answer, "i tend to try not to think on the what ifs, because if i think about the what ifs id be too busy trying to figure out what that what if is, and i lose sight of what i gained." soobin replied, causing yeonjun to smile.

"the cookies are done love." soobin said, bringing his hands to his hair to push his faded purple hair out of his eyes.

he pushed himself up, yeonjun scooting over that way he wouldn't get in the way. soobin trailed over to the kitchen, he slipped on a pair of oven mitts, and took the chocolate chip cookies out.

he carefully sat them on the stove, and turned the oven off. above his stove was a cabinet, he carefully opened it and grabbed a plate.

he delicately put the cookies on the plate, and fixed the two a cup of milk.

when he went back inside, the scene before him broke his heart.

yeonjun had faint tears littered across his eyelashes, his mouth held agape as he stared at his phone. "love?" soobin called out, rushing over to the blonde boy.

he sat the plate and cups down, "what's wrong?" soobin asked lightly, rubbing circles on his back. trying to soothe his friend...person...whatever yeonjun was to him.

"i-i failed m-my test." he hiccuped, shutting his phone off he placed it on the table.

"it's okay, it's just one test." soobin reassured, giving yeonjun a faint smile. "i'm a failure. i'll never figure out who hurt beomgyu if i fail tests." yeonjun muttered out, his bottom lip quivering as the name rolled off his lips.

"hey, love. beomgyu is proud of you. it's just one test, it doesn't define who you are when it comes to you being a lawyer. you are so smart, yeonjun. you just have to believe in yourself." soobin reassured, yeonjun nodded.

nothing coming out of his lips.

soobin pulled the boy into a hug, tightening his grip on the blonde. he felt the boys shoulders shake, knowing he was crying more.

"let it all out."

and which yeonjun did. he had never cried in front of anyone, he didn't want to feel weak. but with soobin everything felt alright. he trusted him.

he pulled back from soobin, "t-thank you." he stuttered out. a faint smile on his cheeks, "there's that smile." soobin whispered, caressing yeonjun's cheek with his thumb.

the two sat back onto the couch, enjoying each other's company. eating cookies in between conversations, not paying attention to the movie at all.

everything felt perfect for them.

they were happy.

no urges.

everything was going great.

and soobin couldn't be more happier.