1: The Duo

"Tanaka?"

"Here!" Riki called out, raising his hand happily before standing up and walking to the front of his kindergarten class. He gave a big smile, showing off his recently lost tooth. "Hi! My names Tanaka Riki! I haven't developed my quirk yet but I know its gonna be really awesome! My daddy has a strength quirk and my momma has a healing quirk! Maybe I'll be someone who gets both! I can protect people and heal them!"

"Thats amazing, Tanaka!" The teacher calling role smiled. "Give us one fact about you, then you may sit."

"Only one?" Riki whined. A green haired boy giggled and the blonde seated on the carpet next to him elbowed the first. "Uhm. Okay, I guess. Well." He put a hand under his chin. Only one huh? But he liked to talk! Ooh, that! "I really like to talk. Like, a lot a lot." He grinned again and stood until the teacher ushered him back to the carpet.

"Psst. Hi!" The green haired boy nudged him and scooted back on the carpet to be next to him. "Hi! I'm Midoriya Izuku." The freckled kid extended a hand and Riki shook it excitedly.

"Tanaka Riki!" He whispered back. "You're the guy who wants to be a hero and likes notes right?" The blue haired child asked.

Midoriya smiled and nodded, grabbed a small notepad from his back pocket. The cover had a cute little penguin on it and his pencil had a Llama eraser. "Tell me about you! If you don't mind me writing it down."

"Oh sure!" Riki rambled on about himself. What his hobbies are, how his days usually went, his pet turtle, all of his stuffies, even telling the new boy about his family. "And that's all I got." Riki looked around and realized that the two had been sitting on that carpet the entire day.

"Alright kids, grab your things from your cubbies and let's get our shoes on! Pickup is in ten minutes." Mrs. Yoshi said, clapping her hands.

"But you didn't get a chance to talk! I wanna know about you!" Riki whined, standing up and brushing wrinkles from his uniform.

"I like to write, my best friend is Kacchan, uhm. I like to cook with my mom, my favorite hero of all time is All Might, and my favorite color is green!" Midorita prattled on as the two gathered up their things and slipped on their shoes.

"Do you wanna have my mom meet your mom and we can hangout after kindergarten sometime? I like you!" Riki smiled hopefully as the two stood on the pavement awaiting pickup.

"Yeah!" Midoriya grinned excitedly and his fists moved through the air at surprising speed, as if he were shaking them.

"What's up with your hands?" Riki asked, mimicking the shake. Was that a quirk thing? Oh my God, was Midoriya getting his quirk?! In front of him?!

Midoriya giggled. "Mom calls it a stim. She says that my brain is different and it helps me keep it working good." He explained. Riki nodded and hesitantly  attempted the new thing.

"Riki, are you ready to go?" Riki's mother walked over to the children. He looked up at his mom and shook his head. "Why not honey?"

"I want you to meet Mrs. Midoriya! She's my new friends mom!" Riki pulled his mother to his new friend and his mom; a tall, skinny woman with the same green hair. "We wanna hang out more!"

Izuku joined Riki in jumping up and down, chanting about a hangout while the two moms conversed. It didn't take long before they exchanged numbers and grabbed their kids.

"But a hangout!" Riki whined, stomping his tiny foot.

"I know honey but we just met them, let me talk to Ms. Midoriya a bit longer before you and Izuku start having hangouts okay?" Riki's mother fixed her blue ponytail and took Riki's hand. "Come on, Riki, I have dinner in the oven. It was wonderful to meet you Ms. Midoriya."

"It was lovely to meet you, Mrs. Tanaka." Inko smiled and said goodbye, walking away with Izuku in hand. The two friends begrudgingly walked away after saying their own goodbyes to each other.