Dreams Come True!

Dreams Come True!

Growing up, I always enjoyed anything about romance. From fairy tales, comics, romance movies, telenovelas, pocketbooks and novels. My brain was full of cute scenes of the hero and heroine, falling so deeply in love and living happily ever after. I remember during high school; I wrote the dialogues at the back of my notebooks and one of my teachers got to read them. He embarrassed me by reading the lines in front of the entire class.

I started reading romance pocketbooks when I was twelve years old. First, the high school stories of 'Sweet Valley High', Then I explored novels, like Barbara Cartland, Daniel Steele, Sidney Sheldon, Robert Ludlum, etc., until I read a Mills & Boon/Harlequin romance pocketbook.

I became so addicted to Mills & Boon/Harlequin that I spent a portion of my allowance every week to buy a pocketbook

I became so addicted to Mills & Boon/Harlequin that I spent a portion of my allowance every week to buy a pocketbook. My dad used to complain a lot, of wasting too much time reading romance novels instead of studying my lessons. He scolded me I would achieve nothing in life by reading useless stuff.

But no one could stop me from my happiness. I continued reading stories and collecting pocketbooks until I got married and had my family.

Fast forward to ten years ago, I was working as an Emergency Nurse in a Tertiary Hospital. I dealt with different patients every day, mostly in critical condition. During weekends, I had my Master's Degree class.

Yeah, my life was stressful, working towards a goal (getting enough nursing experience in order to work abroad) which I was not very passionate about

Yeah, my life was stressful, working towards a goal (getting enough nursing experience in order to work abroad) which I was not very passionate about. I had no choice, because the money was tight. I had to do it to achieve financial freedom for my family.

I needed something to keep me happy with my stressful life, so I wrote stories whenever I had time. Because buying pocketbooks was not an option anymore since we had a rigid budget.

My daughter, Nicole, who has always been my best friend, and is very supportive of me in everything, told me of an app she discovered, Wattpad. She said that it's great for me because I love reading and writing stories (feel-good and funny romances with such sexy, ruthless and passionate heroes that make every girl's toes curl).