The Plan

[Jake is online]

Jake: MC!

[MC is online]

MC: Jake!

Jake: Hello, MC ;) Do you have time to discuss an important matter?

MC: Of course! What's up?

Jake: I have reason to believe that I am closing in on my pursuers and will soon be able to clear my name. But in order to achieve this, I will need your help again. Jake: I know, this is asking a lot. And normally I would not want you to get tangled up in all this. But I am runnig out of options.

MC: Jake! 🙄 You know damn well that I would not shy away from helping you. And after what they pulled with my phone, I have a bone to pick with those pursuers of yours myself! MC: So, tell me what you need me to do 😉

Jake: :) Jake: You will soon receive a laptop, which I set up for you. This device needs to be directly connected to the network of my pursuers. Once this connection is established, you would just have to open a program which will run a script to retrieve the missing pieces of evidence.

MC: How am I supposed to get access to this network?

Jake: I have already identified a storage location that is connected to said network. Security measures are comparatively lax there. I will be able to circumvent the alarms and CCTV long enough for someone to go in an out undetected. But I won't be able to control the CCTV and be on location at the same time, which is why I require your help

MC: I understand. MC: OK! Just tell me when and where and I'll be ready!

******************************

Two days later MC is sitting in a rental car, not far away from a warehouse facility in the outskirts of Colville. While waiting for the daylight to fade, she observes about twenty workers wrapping up their tasks and leaving the premises. The laptop Jake sent her is neatly tucked away in a small backpack under her seat. Bolt cutters and gloves are waiting in the trunk.

Already from here she can see a number of security cameras. Jake had instructed her to wait for his signal, then walk around to the west side of the property and cut her way through the fence. An entry to the warehouse should be just a few steps away from there. Then, she will need to locate the offices and find a computer with network connection.

Her phone pings about half an hour after she observed the last worker locking up the front gate and leaving.

Jake: It is time. Good luck, my love!

MC: Roger that 🥰.

She puts away her phone and gets out of the car and collects her equipment and laptop. She pulls the hood of her black jacket up and starts walking to the western fence, while keeping her head down. She looks around to make sure there are no bypassers or security guards in the area. Then she hunches down and starts to cut the wire of the fence.

Damn, this is harder than I thought! she thinks. Already after a few cuts she starts sweating from the effort. Once she is convinced that the gap is large enough for herself and the backpack, she bends the remaining wire aside and crawls through. Standing up on the other side she gets a small flashlight from her backpack and starts walking towards the door. Once there, MC reaches for the door handle and pulls, but the door won't budge. It is obviously locked. MC takes out her phone and types quickly.