III

A gravel pathway led to the entrance of the mansion. The entrance was marked with a large pool having three fountains in the middle with the infrastructure around its three sides. However before this, there was a dome shaped structure,which was a little to the left,with a huge metal shutter. It was the entrance to the underground parking lot. The construction around the pool had glass doors and each glass door opened to a plush set of maroon sofas with small polished glass table. Except for the glass door opposite to the entrance. It opened up to a bar. Overall, the entire estate had a both cozy and lavish feel. Greenery was spread around the estate. However the exterior in the night seemed to be made of silver due to the moon while the interior was lit up by many lights. Gravel crunched as the group made their way to the mansion. "Master and Mistress Stone are waiting for you all, Young Mistress Melody, Sir Kyle Adams and Ma'am Camren Lockwood. But if you all want dinner,let me know so that can be arranged." "Uh,please do arrange for Kyle and Camren. I won't be eating." Melody said while turning around to see Camren skipping while Kyle walked in a collected manner,in conversation. "Very well." Soon after,the group reached the infrastructure and went into the mansion through an entrance on the left. Crossing the plush seating arrangement,the butler opened the door to the common room and ushered the trio in. The room was huge and airy with a huge LED opposite of the door on a wall mount, equipped with an expensive sound system. Black posh sofas were arranged in front of the LED in a semicircle. On the wall to the right,a window covered it more than half, with white satin curtains drawn open. The wall on the left was painted a chocolate brown with black shelves attached,which held pots of indoor plants. A man with raven black hair stood beside the window gazing out while a woman with hazel blonde hair sat on the couch. Both were dressed in maroon silk bed robes and had their backs facing the door. Melody cleared her throat. "Oh! Melody! Also Kyle and Camren. Welcome back!"the woman exclaimed as she spun around to face the door, however the man didn't move. "Don't keep standing. Have a seat."she smiled while gesturing to the sofa. "Thanks Mrs.Stone."Kyle and Camren replied and moved to sit. Melody,however,didn't move and had her lips pursed. "Melody." Mrs.Stone pressed. "No thank you,mother" she forced out. "Alright. Suit yourself. But anyways a job well done, everyone! I'm just wai---"she was cut off with the door being opened and a girl with a dark blue mohawk dressed in black long-sleeved shirt and pants entering the room."I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be late."she huffed."No problem. Sit down."Mrs.Stone replied. She nodded and moved to sit. "Right, like how I was saying before. A job well done! We can now proceed with the auction,as the main task has been completed. The diamond is the highlight of the auction and it's background info has been altered by Luca. Pansy,oh, sorry,Megan Finns,you will be assisting him with no slacking off. Once all the details of the items of the auction is complete and every aspect of auction is complete,we can finalize the contenders and ask the establishment to send out invites. Melody,you and Kyle will be our representatives. But be discrete as to not rouse suspecions that we are the host. A more detailed briefing will be given tomorrow morning."she finished."Anything you want to add,dear?"she asked directing the attention of the whole room to the man by the window. It was at this point he looked around briefly and answered in a deep,unbothered voice,"Nothing,you made it quite clear. All of you are dismissed. Retire to your rooms." Melody opened the door and said,"Thank you, father and mother. Goodnight." She picked her gear bag and walked out,followed by Kyle,Camren and Megan bidding goodnight and walking out. Camren collapsed on the maroon sofa and sighed. Megan sat on its arm and Kyle stood beside Melody. "Umm,guys you all go for dinner. I'm going to the vault. See you all tom---" Melody was cut off by Megan's tsk and Camren saying,"You need to eat too. Besides we have to celebrate and drink and all that stuff." Melody gave a tired smile."I know,but I'm tired and I just want to sleep. Nevertheless, good job everyone. Keep up the good work." Melody fixed her gear bag on her shoulder and the group walked out the entrance and made way to the bar. Camren, Megan and Kyle sat on the stools beside the counter while Melody walked to the right of the bar and disappeared in a small hallway which had  an elevator. She pressed the button and the doors slid open. She got in,punched the button for the third floor. Upon reaching,a scanner appeared. Melody did a retina scan and the doors slid open. She walked onto the dark floor to the end of the hallway to the vault,as the doors of the elevator closed behind her.
                      ✧✧✧
Hiya! So there's a lot of details in this chapter.😅 It's my first time describing and uh, laying down the floor plan. I hope it's easy to understand and won't give you all a headache.😃
Vote/Comment/Share✿