IV

Sunlight poured through the window and fell on the bundle of sheets on the bed. There was slight rustling and the bundle stopped moving. That was until someone yanked the sheets away from the person. "Melody! Get up!" Camren bellowed. "Mmm....lemme 'leep." Melody protested, sticking her leg in the air. "Your father's waiting, Melody." Megan said while leaning against the door frame. That got Melody right out of the bed. "I'm up." She said, tumbling out of the bed. She squinted a little to adjust to the light in the room and looked around. Camren was looking irritated. On the other hand,Megan was enjoying the show. Melody waved both of the girls out of  her room and made her way to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and saw a pale,tired girl with bags under her wine red eyes and her hair looking like a crow's nest, staring back at her. She did her business, and walked into her walk in closet to get dressed. She walked to the elevator and arrived at the ground floor and made her way to the dining room. She looked in to see that her parents and Megan, Camren, Kyle and Luca were already seated. She walked in, apologized for being late and took her seat. The table and chairs were made of dark oak wood and the seats of the chairs was covered in magenta velvet. The room was moderately decorated with a huge glass slider opposite to the door. This let ample sunlight in the room and provided a view of the backyard and the sea. Breakfast started and the room was filled with only clattering of silver against expensive marble. Though a few moments later, Mr.Stone cleared his throat and beckoned a servant to come closer. All activity on the table ceased and eyes were on the head of the table. "Prepare a guest room. We have guests coming." The servant nodded, bowed and walked out the room. After this, everyone resumed their breakfast. Once done, everyone assembled in the common room. Mrs.Stone cleared her throat and began speaking. "First of all, good work on the previous mission...again. Now that the highlight of the auction is secured,only trivial matters are left. I expect that you both,Megan and Luca have gathered and organized the information while remaining incognito and have it approved by the chief analyst." A "yes, Ma'am."from both. "Great,Ryan has prepared three one way tickets to Dubai. Melody, Kyle and Luca, you all will be going. So pack your bags,the flight's in two days. You are being sent a week prior,so,keep a low profile. Luca will be your analyst there and will keep in touch with Megan, here. Kyle and Melody,you both will be the representatives of our Mafia. Before the actual event,both of you are to check the entire area,venue,the staff and employees." "The management knows it's us whose  behind this event but none of the participants do. So try not to indulge with anyone. Lastly, it's a very important mission and the profit will be distributed at a ratio of ten to seven,so there's no margin for messing up. That's about everything. Any questions?" She looked around the room. Melody's hand shot up. "So we aren't taking the jet? I mean.....it's silly but how will we make it look as if we're arriving a day prior,not a week?" "We'll send the jet a day prior. Camren and Michael will be sent with the roll as back up, in case something goes wrong. Any other queries? Another look around the room. "Alright, you all are dismissed, except Melody. Everyone leave."
Camren and Megan threw anxious glances at Melody. She gave a nod. After everyone left, Melody faced her parents. Her father hadn't spoken since the start and had his face set while her mother and a smile on her face. "Melody,"she spoke lowly,"Don't indulge with our guests." Melody looked at her strangely,"I know that." "Not those,the guests that will be coming today." Instead of Mrs.Stone it was Mr.Stone who answered,his wine red eyes scruntizing her. Melody didn't make eye contact with any of them and replied,"Very well, father,mother." Just then the bell rang, which signalled someone was approaching the island via boat. There's different bell for notification on approching the island via air. "Seems like your guests have arrived. I will take my leave now, I have some packing to do." With that, Melody stood up, opened the door and strode out, only to be startled by Megan running past her.
                         ✧✧✧
Alrighty, let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Vote/Share/Follow♡