006 > into the woods

nancy wheeler point of view

"nance, are you sure this is the right thing to do?" steve said continuing to drive up the the scene of the crime

i nodded "i've called the others and told them to meet us at a place in the woods"

steve pulled the car up to the wreckage.

"shit" he said "that's bad"

the car was overturned and mangled in a ditch. the area was surrounded by police caution tape and forensic teams were walking around in white protective clothing.

i got out of the car and began walking to the car, eyes wide and aware.

"sorry miss, you can't come any further, this is a crime scene" an officer informed me

"i knew the people who were in the accident, i came to, erm, get robins bag" i lied

"bag? there is no bag in the vehicle or surrounding area" he told me sharply

shit, how was i going to get in now?

"wait. hang on!" i thought cleverly

"robin had a bag on her when she got into the car, i know she did, it has the same items in it as she always carries" i said hurriedly "if the bag is missing then so is robin, she's still alive" i shouted

"i'm going to notify the police station with this information immediately, but please don't cross this threshold please miss" the officer informed me "lads, we're going back to the station" he called to the forensic team who nodded and got into the police van and began to drive off.

steve got out the car and i turned back to look at him.

"this way" i pointed into the woods, ducked under the caution tape and headed into the no zone.

"you are unbelievable nancy wheeler" steve said following my footsteps.

we headed into the woods until we came to the clearing, the clearing i informed some people to meet us here.

i perched on a log and steve sat next to me, and we waited in silence for the others.

max arrived first, popping her head out of the bushes and brushing leaves out of her furry red hair

lucas and dustin arrived next. we heard them pushing their bikes through the bracken before we even saw them.

then eddie showed up, from the wrong direction i might add but showed up nevertheless.

will, eleven and mike came from behind some trees and joined us in the clearing

and lastly, joyce and hopped turned up in hoppers police car parked by the crime scene.

"everyone spread out, look for anything that might be seen as strange or unusual" hopper commmanded as we all spread out in search of my dear robin.

a while passed and the sun was beginning to set behind the trees and it was getting dark, i wasn't giving up.

i followed an off road trail with steve and eddie a little further behind me. so far we weren't getting far with finding any sort of evidence or anything really.

the path was overgrown with trees hanging overhead blocking the way at some points.

suddenly something pointed itself out to me.

a sort of humming sound was coming from just off the path and when i looked, there was a slight glow coming from the woods.

i began running, i was already exhausted from looking but i didn't care. i just wanted to find robin.