Chapter 24

"We really should get some sleep. The quidditch cup is tomorrow." Draco whispers into my hair.

I sigh, wishing he wasn't in a hurry. "I know. I just want to wait a little longer."

"I'm gonna be here when you fall asleep." I shrug and turn away, so that I am resting my head on the pillow and not his chest. "Are you punishing me now?" He pouts.

"No. I'm just trying to go to sleep like you said." I shrug. He sighs into my shoulder before slightly pulling up my shirt and tracing something onto my stomach. Letters, I realize.

"D-R-A-C-O" I say each letter out loud. Loud enough for me to hear.

"You're mine, princess. No matter what my parents say." I turn around and slightly lift up his shirt. Doing the same thing he did to me. F-E-L-I-C-I-T-Y. He says each of them out loud, like I did as I make them. I can feel his stare burning into my hand as I make each letter, again. More to reassure myself that I wrote them. After I finish writing my name with invisible lines, I kiss the spot where the last letter is supposed to be. I know it's not normal for the girl to kiss a guy's stomach, but I feel like reversing the rules for once.

The air between us seems to grow thin, as our breaths grow deeper. My hand stays on his skin but that's not what he is paying attention to. Our eyes meet and it feels like the air in the room has completely vanished. Originally, the space between us felt impossibly close but somehow we got closer. Our lips meet, a bit of relaxation for both of us. A way to relieve our stress with each other. The world around us disappears as we hold each other tight.

When we let go, the whole world slams back into place, but time never stops moving. I rest my head against his chest and close my eyes. His hand rests on my back, holding me close to him. If I look at this too closely, this feels a bit wrong and I probably won't see Tom Felton (the actor who plays Draco) the same, but I know I shouldn't look too closely at this. This is a different world. This isn't Tom Felton playing Draco, this is actually Draco Malfoy. That thought is weird but comforting. I'm actually living through the Harry Potter movies. That puts a small smile on my face, before I fall asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to an empty space beside me. At least Draco was kind enough to leave a pillow next to me that I could hold onto. I look at the time, one hour till I have to go with, Lucius, Ethan and Draco to the Quidditch World Cup. I get up and quickly grab some clothes from the drawer, then get changed and get ready for the day.

Because I don't really like quidditch, I'm not really rooting for anyone and I have really no clue who is playing. The only person I will know is Viktor Krum who will be competing in the Tri-wizard Tournament this year.

Something twists in my stomach, remembering the tournament. Not something good. The tournament marks when things start to go wrong. That's when Voldemort comes back. When Cedric gets killed. I completely forgot. Thankfully, neither Parker nor I will have to compete. Only Harry will.

My cousin.

That thought hasn't really crossed my mind. But he's technically my cousin. He doesn't know. The question is, will I have the guts to tell him? I know I need to but it doesn't seem like an important detail. Maybe it's better that he doesn't know. He needs to think that Sirius is his only family in fifth year anyway, but that seems cruel. Maybe I should wait and talk to Sirius. He probably knows.

"You really are the brightest witch of your age." Sirius says to Hermione. "And you two. Good luck." He says to Parker and I with a wink. He knows.

The memory of Sirius' words popped up into my head. Does he know that Parker and I are shifters? It doesn't seem possible that he would know. There's no way he could know it's impossible. But then again this world has seemed to pull up the impossible so far. Another thing I need to ask him then.