mate

"Elizabeth! Wait Up!" Nick yelled as he stumbled down the parking lot trying to catch up with me.

"Hurry your lazy ass!" I yelled as I ran to school and laughed when I heard him stumble behind me.

Once again, we were late for class; I think we already had like a personal record for this.

After we got our detention slips from Mrs. Coffman who was already waiting for us by the main door, she already knew to wait for us there since it was some sort of tradition for Nick, Mrs. Coffman and I; but after we got detention slips Nick and I started to go to our class.

"Shit! I forgot my book, again." I said cursing and groaned as I struggled to close my book bag.

"Let's just go to class Liz." Nick said with a sigh as he looked at me tired.

"But I need the book today; I had my homework in it!" I said as I stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Okay hurry up, I'll tell the teacher you had to stop to the bathroom." Nick said as he took my book bag and I smiled at him gratefully.

"Thanks Nicky." I said and ran to the other end of the hallway.

I got to my locker, opened it and searched for my book. As I got my book I was suddenly overwhelmed by the sudden spicy scent of cinnamon.

'Mate.' My wolf happily howled.

I nearly jumped startled, for a born werewolf it was still ironic that whenever my wolf spoke it scared the hell out of me but still after being startled by my wolf I looked around the hallway but didn't see anybody, the hallway was completely empty.

'No mate?' My wolf asked sad.

'Sorry sweetie.' I told her in a sympathetic tone.

After getting my book I quickly scurried back to the classroom and noticed that as I headed to my seat I noticed that the teacher gave me a funny look.

"What's with the teacher?" I whispered to Nick when I sat down in my seat.

"Nothing, I just told her that you went to the bathroom because you had a sever case of explosive diarrhea." Nick said and gave a small chuckle.

"You're such an asshole!" I yelled as I smacked him with my book.

"Ms. Montgomery! I will not tolerate that type of language in my class!" The teacher told me as she glared at me.

"Sorry Miss." I said sheepishly as Nick tried to mask his laughter.

"Busted." Nick whispered at me in a taunting tone.

"You're going to pay for this!" I told Nick before I started to look for my homework.

And he did, when we got to our lunch period I made Nick pay for my lunch.

"Why am I paying for your lunch again?" Nick asked as we got out of the food line.

"Are you seriously asking? It's the most decent thing to do after what you told Mrs. Golding. Why did you even do that? That was a huge risk of your part, if I was someone else you could've ended friendless." I told him as we sat on our table.

"Okay, at least it was worth it, I mean your face!" Nick said as he shook his head chuckling.

"Jerk." I murmured.

"You still love me anyways." Nick said as he rolled his eyes.

As we started to eat once again the scent hit my face, making me immediately be completely aware of what was going on. What was this?

I scanned the cafeteria and saw that Max was also scanning the room for someone; he had even stood up from his table.

'Mate.' My wolf said happily.

I got up and froze.

Max was the most popular guy in school ever since I can remember. He was someone that I completely hated.

"Liz?" Nick asked confused as he read my expression.

I turned around abruptly and started to leave the cafeteria.

"Elizabeth!" I heard Max yell.

I froze for a second, turned around to look at him before I stormed out of the room.

Fuck this! I was not going to be his mate.