A new begining

.
.
.
NOV 5TH, 2038
PM 04:53:05
.
.
.

I stared forwards at the door of the paint store 'just one more pick up and I can go home' I kept repeating these words to myself to try and make the day go by faster, I needed to get home and make sure Alice was safe, that's when an android walked into the store, I pulled out the scanner and he identified himself and I pulled out the package his person ordered "that'll be 63.99" I pulled out the payment scanner and he quickly paid for his paint and left.

I went to the back room grabbing my coat and hanging up my apron as I called to my boss "I'm leaving!" I ran out the door grabbing the money I had made for the day before he could come and stop me, when I got outside I quickly walked towards the bus stop, I already knew I didn't have enough money to give to the homeless people so i just walked around them, my dad would take it all from me anyways and if any was missing he'd get really mad and beat me up, but as I walked towards the bus stop I saw some men beating up the android from earlier, and beyond my better judgment I stepped in "hey! leave him alone!"

"Oh come on! Do you really feel for this tin can!"

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't but I don't think any of you would like to be charged for property damage would you!" They all stopped and just stared at me as I grabbed the android and began to walk towards the bust stop.

Just as we got there I realised the bus had pulled out of the stop which would make me late home "NO! NO! FUCK!" I turned around to the android I had just saved

"thank you for helping me miss"

"Oh it's no problem really, just made me miss my bus!" I groaned knowing what would happen when I got home, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and started to listen to music to try and distract myself while I waited for the next bus.

The bus finally pulled up outside my house and I felt a sinking feeling of dread pool in my stomach, I slowly got off the bus and went up to the front door trying to open it without being seen but when I turned around I saw her... Kara but she... how? But she's here and working again "kara?" I whispered towards her when my dad called out

"That's y/n you also take care of her!" He didn't realise I was late... thank god, I took one final look at Kara willing for her to smile at me but she didn't and I knew this wasn't the same person at least not yet.

I quickly ran upstairs and into my room feeling a deep wave of sadness and guilt wash over me, I reached my room and began to kick my shoes off before remembering the glass littered over the floor and putting my shoes back on, I went over to my wardrobe and pulled out a small white shoebox that held some of things that I thought were most precious I pulled out the few pictures I had in the box one of me and mum in the backyard, a selfie I had taken with Alice and one of me and Kara kissing each other that made me stop and just look at it for a while before remembering her downstairs and placing the pictures on my bed before continuing to look through the box.

I felt a pinch of nostalgia flow through me as I had found drawings I did from when Alice was born and some other things from when I was a child such a as a necklace my dad gave me that was way to small to be a necklace anymore so I placed it around my wrist planning to take it off before bed, I continued looking through the box finding pictures of me and my mom when I was younger and I began to cry silently before placing everything back into the box, just as I finished placing everything into the box I heard someone coming up the stairs, shoving the box under my bed I I wiped my eyes and turned to the door as it opened.

Kara slowly opened the door peering into my room as she began to talk to me as if I was a scared animal "it's ok I'm just going to clean your room a little bit ok?" I nodded and she began walking around my room picking up my clothes and placing them back onto hangers and placing them back in my wardrobe, she then bends down and starts to pick up the glass littered over the floor throwing in the bin next to my door before she walked over to my bed and sat down next to me I saw her quickly looking around my room "I see you liked baseball when you were younger?"

I hummed in recognition I mean she wasn't wrong I had even won some competitions when I was younger and still kept some bats in my room but she obviously wasn't satisfied with my response and stopped for a second before turning towards me and speaking "Are you ok? You seem upset y/n?" Just hearing her voice made me want to start crying again because the same warmth that was normally in her voice when she spoke to me was non-existent, I just looked at her unable to keep my emotions at bay

"please say you remember me...please...." I began to cry as kara sat there awkwardly before leaning over to hug me which made me stop and pause for a second

"I'm sorry but I don't remember you y/n, I truly wish I did" I knew I could at least try to help her remember, I leant down and pulled out my shoebox handing it over to kara

"look through this, it might help you remember" I stood up walking to my door before looking back towards kara as she stared at the box leaving her and going downstairs.

POV Kara

Y/n left the room quickly going downstairs as I looked at the box in my hands before placing the box on her dresser where I would check it in a minute, I then went over to y/n's bed and quickly made it before going back to the box and looking at its contents, the first thing of notice was a picture of me and y/n kissing each other, another was of her with both her parents and sister and the final thing I took notice of was a picture of y/n looking very happy with her mother, I closed the box and placed it back under her bed making sure it couldn't be seen I then left the room and went downstairs to see Todd talking to Alice and y/n.

POV Y/n

I was sitting downstairs when my dad came over to me and Alice "What are you doing?"

"She's playing dad seriously lay off her"

"Playing, heh I know what she's thinking, thinks her dads a low life, huh? Fucking loser"

"Dad stop..." I started to get up from the chair

"Can't get a job, can't take care of his family don't you think I tried to make things work, well whenever I do someone comes along and they fuck it all up" Dad picked up a chair and threw it towards the hallway making me and Alice flinch "I know what you think of me"

"Dad ..... please just think" I stood up from the chair trying to keep the situation calm

"You hate me, you hate me don't you?" Dad kicked the chair out from Alice and picked her up as I rushed to his side to try and get him to put Alice down where I was swiftly kicked away from them

"Y/n!" Alice cried

"Say it! YOU HATE ME!" Dad stopped what he was doing as I sat up, he then slowly lowered a now crying Alice "oh god..." Dad started to cry pulling Alice into a hug while I just stared at him in disbelief "what am I doing" Alice looked to me quickly then looking back to dad "I'm sorry honey I'm sorry" he looked to me and grabbed me pulling me into the hug "you know I love you both don't you? You know I love you?" Me and Alice looked over to where Kara stood on the stairs where she just looked on at us in disbelief.