Chapter 2 : Visitor

The six eared demon sat on a tree branch as he stared up at the dark blue sky almost resembling the color of black ink. Grey clouds and countless stars spread across the sky. Among the stars, the moon stole the show. Shining brightly in the sky like no other. Macaque always loved the moon. It reminded him of the solar eclipse mark hidden behind his glamour. His soulmate mark.

He has a plan, a scheme, a game, or whatever others want to call it.

The black-furred demon wants to relax, want to have fun. And what could be a better plan than pretending to be a lonely traveler searching for a place to call home? He could trick the self-proclaimed demon king, Sun Wukong, into befriending him. Get close to the monkey king, and maybe... Take his power from him.

It shouldn't be hard for the six eared demon to trick the demon. He seems like the type that like compliments. Just a few compliments, a few tricks and he might get what he wants soon enough.

Macaque places another glamour on himself to hide his ears, giving an illusion that he only has two ears instead of six. Leaning backward, Macaque emerged into the shadow and search for his target. The Monkey King.

Searching for the monkey king is relatively easy, the rumor said he lead monkeys. So all the demon need to do is find the sounds of chirping cubs in the mountain. Macaque came out of the shadow once he is near what it looks like a tribe of monkeys. He walked slowly to approach them. The loud chirping amongst the monkeys stopped into silence as they stare at the stranger. The elders quickly shielded their cubs behind them as they growled at Macaque. Warning him to stay away from their cubs.

It didn't take long for their leader to hear the news. The Monkey King appeared at the location with a flying nimbus glaring at the black-furred demon. "Who are you? And why are you here?" The brown-furred demon asked.

"My name is Macaque. I am a lonely traveler from a small village. I travelled from mountain to mountain to perform shadow play to earn a little bit of money or just some place to stay for a while." Macaque introduced himself.

"Go away. We don't need you. You can leave this mountain right away." The Monkey King ordered. The six eared demon know that the other demon don't trust him. But he don't want to give up, not yet. If you can't win the heart of the king, win the subjects's pity.

"Give me a chance to perform a small act, sir. I promise to make it interesting!! And then you can tell me to leave if you don't like it." Macaque suggested.

The monkeys around the brown-furred demon chirped, telling their leader to give the black-furred demon a chance. To give them some entertainment. Sun Wukong, scowled while Macaque grinned. Knowing that the reluctant king have to say yes because his subjects wanted to see it.

The monkey king sighed, "Fine, but make it short."

"Thank you. I'll like to call this story the tales of eternal flame." Macaque said, throwing his prized lantern up, allowing it to float. A bright light emitted from the lantern. The black furred demon controlled the lantern with his power to control the light from the lantern and shadow from the ground.

The shadow formed a small silhouette of a child with horns and a tail, "Once upon a time a demon was born in the demon realm. A promising demon for the demon clan." Macaque said. The small silhouette child held their hand up, something came out of their hand. It's wild and untamed, resembling a raging fire. "The child is gifted with fire elemental power. The child immediately hailed as the heir to the clan."

"The child is powerful, there's no doubt to that. Too powerful for a young demon." The shadow formed small fire silhouette around the small demon before engulfing the demon in flames. "Like any demon who loves power, the child manage to create something powerful. He created the samadhi fire, fire that can burn realms and can't be extinguished by water." The shadow dispersed and quickly formed into a symbol. A circle with three orbs in it.

"The child, can't control his power, he couldn't stop the fire, he is blinded by greed for power." The small demon silhouette laughed while everything burning around him.

"To stop the child from burning all realm, his parents sealed his power and erased his memory." The fire silhouette calmed down. "The child grow up into a fine demon, and happy for the rest of his life. The end!!" Macaque said ending his performance and take his lantern back.

"That's it? Some overpowered demon child struggle, seal it and the end?" The monkey king asked not satisfied with the other demon performance. Despite the monkey king tone, the monkeys around him chirped excitedly. They never seen a demon that could control shadow like puppets before and it got them excited. "That's boring." The brown furred demon commented.

"You told me to make it short. I am just doing what you command me to do, sir." Macaque said.

Macaque smirked, "Your subjects also love the story. So what would it be? Are you going to let this poor traveler stay for a few days or are you going to force this poor traveler to sleep out in the dangerous forest?"

"You can stay, but if you do anything suspicious. You'll be dealing with my staff." The brown furred demon threatened. Taking out his famous staff from his ear to show off.

"Deal." Macaque said unprovoked by the other demon's words.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Vote and comment if you like this fanfic, and to motivate me to write more chapters.

Yes, Macaque shadow play is about Red Son.

The two demon monkey perspective about each other :

Monkey King don't like Macaque. His intuition is warning him that the unknown demon with unique shadow powers reeks danger. Therefore, he can't trust Macaque and Macaque need 24/7 supervision.

Macaque thinks that he could play pretend as a lonely traveler and build a strong friendship with the so called Monkey King. So that he could steal Monkey King power.

Two demon monkey with different thoughts, will Macaque be able to build a strong friendship with Monkey King that already dislike him? Will Monkey King founds out Macaque true intention?