Chapter 3 : Sleep With Me

Macaque knows that there are a lot of flaws in his plan. Regarding strategy to win the brown-furred demon's friendship is none. He only has a rough sketch of his plan to end his boredom. Pretend to be a lonely traveller, try to be friends with the king, deceive the king and steal his power. The process? He didn't think of it, he ignores it. He decided that he should just wing it. He understands that his plan could bring chaos. That this 'Monkey King' might found out his real intention. That he might fucked up. And the both of them gonna end up in a conflict or maybe wrestling on the ground like barbaric creatures of the wild.

But, he reminded himself that he is the six-eared macaque, the shadow puppeteer, the demon of all secrets, etcetera. He should not fear this strange monkey demon that decided to rule in the mortal realm. For who knows what reasons. He should live up to his titles as one of the most dangerous demon ever residing in the demon realm. If he did get his cover blown. He could easily defeat the so-called monkey king with his shadow manipulation.

And if that's not enough, he still has his trusty lantern.

Even though the black-furred demon didn't have a well-organized plan. There's a lot of small list of things that he wanted to do. For example, lurking around the unfamiliar territory of The Monkey King. The purpose is to memorize the pros and cons of the territories and find the fastest escape route. In case things go wrong.

Like any normal guest would do after arriving, he asks The Monkey King a normal question. "Is there any room for me to sleep in?"

"Sleep with me." Monkey King ordered.

He has a small to-do list. One of them is lurking around this mountain. But he couldn't do that because he was ordered by the brown-furred demon king to sleep beside him. And Macaque can't stop his left eye from twitching from the absurdity of The Monkey King's request. 'Should I fucking kill him?' is all the six-eared demon could think of.

Both of Macaque's eyebrows knitted together, as he glared at the other monkey demon. "Excuse me?" Macaque growled. The six-eared demon has no idea what the hell the other demon is thinking. There's only one word that came into his mind when Sun Wukong ordered him to sleep with him. Dominance. Sun Wukong want to fight for dominance with him. The smug brown-furred monkey wants him to submit to him, like a weakling.

Macaque couldn't think of any other reason than that. Why would this brown-furred monkey demand to sleep with a complete stranger if it weren't for dominance?

"I gonna be completely honest with you, pal. I don't trust you." The king of flower and fruit mountain confessed.

'And that's your best excuse to pick a fight with me?!' Macaque internally screaming in his mind.

"I want you to leave this mountain. But they don't want you to leave." The brown-furred monkey stated.

'So you want to fight me and humiliate me in front of your people?!' Macaque thought in his mind.

"So you'll be sleeping with me." The smug monkey said.

"Never!!" Macaque rejected that order. 'Over my dead body!!' Macaque screamed in his mind. He wouldn't let his pride be tarnished by this new demon king of the mortal realm.

The commotion attracted the other monkeys attention. They loudly chirped, scolding the two monkey demons to calm down.

Monkey King didn't bat his eyes at his subject and choose to ignore their nagging. "My mountain, my rule." Sun Wukong growled at Macaque for his disobedience.

The six-eared demon sneered, "I obey no one." He challenged. It was quick, Macaque almost couldn't avoid it when the brown-furred monkey quickly swing his leg aiming to attack his neck. Probably to knock him down in one quick move. Macaque quickly moves back to avoid that attack, before leaping forward to send a strong punch to his opponent as a payback. Sun Wukong manage to take a hold of his arm before he could hit the brown-furred monkey's face. And swung his body around before slamming him to the ground. The lantern that was previously held in his hand got thrown away to the ground. Macaque groaned, he tried to stand up to continue the fight. But his body got pushed back to the ground by The Monkey King's combat boot stepping on his chest. "Surrender." Monkey King ordered.

Macaque only growled at him in reply. Sun Wukong sighed. "Stop being stubborn!! Will it kill you to sleep beside me?!" Macaque's eyes widened, "What- I thought-" Macaque stuttered. The black-furred demon could feel his face heating up from embarrassment. He then frowned.

"Why didn't you say that earlier?!" Macaque angrily shouted. Angry that the brown-furred demon humiliated him in front of his people. He didn't even know that Sun Wukong could take demon down so easily.

The great sage frowned, "Did you hit your head or something? I did, I told you to sleep with me."

"There's a difference between 'Sleep with me' and 'sleep beside me'!! And get your feet away from me!!" Macaque argued.

The brown-furred monkey removed his feet from Macaque's chest, letting the other demon free. "It's the same." Sun Wukong said unamused with Macaque's tantrum. "You know what? Let's just forget about that. So where will we sleep?" Macaque said and pushed himself to stand up. Macaque then takes his lantern from the ground. Irritated that things didn't go as he planned.

"There." Monkey king pointed at a big old tree not far from them. The black-furred demon stared at the tree and then the monkey king. "On a... Tree?" Macaque said hesitantly.

"Yeah, where else would we be sleeping? On the mud?" Monkey king rolled his eyes and walk toward that tree he had pointed at earlier. Macaque followed him from behind. "But, you're a king." Macaque decided to point out.

"Yeah, so?" The monkey king said and glanced at macaque.

'What do you mean yeah, so? Macaque King is just a title but at least I have a temple to comfortably stay in. While you're The Monkey King, and you sleep in the wild.' Macaque complained in his mind as he watches the brown-furred demon start climbing the tree. And rest on a strong tree branch. "I can't believe I am doing this.." The six-eared demon muttered and decided to copy the monkey king's moves.

"What... Are you doing?" The monkey king questioned when Macaque manage to climb and sat on the same tree branch as his. "Copying you." He replied.

Monkey King frowned, "Okaaaaayyyy...." Monkey King said pretending that it's normal for a stranger to just sleep near him. It's not. But he is tired and this black-furred monkey has been acting hostile a few times. So he rather not trigger the black-furred monkey from being aggressive again and sleep. Sun Wukong lay on the tree branch a bit further from Macaque and stare at the sky.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Vote and Comment if you like this fanfic, and to motivate me to write more chapters.

If you are wondering why Macaque didn't sink to the shadow to avoid Monkey King's attack. It's because his mind is distracted with Monkey King saying "sleep with me.". And forgot that he could do that.