Prologue

---------------------------------------------------------------

--

(Y/N) - Your name.

(L/N) - Your last name.

--

---------------------------------------------------------------

- (Y/N)'s POV -

After regaining my consciousness, I started slowly opening my eyes. I was sitting on a chair inside a void room. There was almost nothing in there.

(Y/N) - "Hello?"  I screamed into the empty void in hope of an answer.

After a little while of me staring into the black void and waiting for an answer, a silver-haired girl with a nun's outfit and some kind of angel wings sitting on a throne appeared out of nowhere.

(???) - "(Y/N) (L/N), welcome to the afterlife..."

(Y/N) - "WHAT?"

(Y/N) - "WHAT?"

(???) - "Your life was a short one, but you are in fact, dead."

(Y/N) - "Dead?!" 

The silver-haired girl nods at me.

How did this happen? How did I get here? And most importantly, who is this girl?

(Y/N) - "And who are you?" 

Eris - "Good thing you asked, my name is Eris, and I guide young people who have died to the afterlife."

Is this for real? I bent my head down in sadness.

Eris - "Don't be sad."

(Y/N) - "And how did I die? Because I don't really remember anything..."

Eris - "You died while you were asleep, you fell down from your bed."

WHAT? I thought I would die some kind of heroic death. But feeling down from bed? What kind of death even is that?!

Eris - "Don't worry, nobody else will know how you died unless you share it with them. Anyways I have three options for you here, the first one is for you to be reincarnated into your world, but you sadly won't remember anything." 

I was first happy to hear that I can be reincarnated. But after reconsidering it, I chose not to, because not remember anything? That just straight-up sucks. I have many things I want to remember. At least no one will know how I died, I can simply lie about it.

Eris - "The second option is for you to simply go to heaven and be there for eternity."

That also doesn't sound so tempting because I have to be there for eternity. I could easily get bored there. Plus I heard you don't have a physical body there, so I could not play any video games.

Eris - "And the last option is for you reincarnated but not in the world you know, but in a world where magic exists, and where you have to defeat the Demon King, but most importantly your memories would be intact."

That sounds interesting, but how would I be able to survive or even defeat the Demon King? I can't do any sort of magic, I would just die there the second I would enter.

(Y/N) - "I would choose the third one, but how would I survive there? I can't do any magic, I would just die there the second time."

Eris giggled, even though I don't know what she found so funny.

Eris - "Don't worry, I will give you a power of your choosing."

Suddenly she pulled out about 10 cards with random powers written on them and tossed them near my chair. I bent over to look at them, all of those powers looked lame and weak. I looked back at Eris.

(Y/N) - "I thought I could choose whatever I want, and not just some kind of lame powers on some random cards."

Eris - "If you had arrived sooner, you would have the chance to choose whatever you want, but the rules have changed." 

(Y/N) - "Why?"

Eris - "There was this boy, who died just about 5 minutes before you, instead of him choosing a random power, he choose the godness, we don't know why but we couldn't let it happen again. And many people wanted too strong weapons which were too overpowered for that world." She said with a warm smile.

(Y/N) - "Oh, I see." I was pretty sad because I already had in mind a very OP weapon, what idiot choose the godness? But honestly, I don't mind.

After a while of looking, I found a power, which looked pretty cool and actually better that the other ones. 

(Y/N) - "I choose this, Fire Wizard thing?" I don't know what was it about, but other powers were a lot worse than this, believe me.

Eris - "Oh,  if that's what you want. Now let's get started." She said it as if it was some of the worst things I could have chosen. 

Eris - "Now stand still in the magic circle as I will teleport you to your new world."

A huge blue circle appeared below me.

(Y/N) - "WOAH! This is cool!" It really looked so cool that I had to say it, I saw this in some animes, but never in real life. She then giggled.

Eris - "Good luck, young hero!"

After she finished talking, I was sucked into some kind of a black hole. All I could see was her warm smile as I was leaving...

TO BE CONTINUED