A Real Date

(this is a fluff chapter I promise)

Today was one of those days you had to stay overnight and watch over the Daycare. Of course, this wasn't much of a problem for you. You get to hang out with your favorite robot companion(s).

Sunny knew that you would work overnight before you even did. In fact, he was the one whom informed about it.

Earlier this day, he asked you while you were cleaning around the daycare "Hey Y/N, what do you wanna do whenever you're here watching over us?"

"Huh?" You reply, "I'm staying overnight again?"

He scratched at his hand like he's embarrassed, "Oh, my bad. I had assumed Matthew had already told you." 

"No, it's okay Sunny. You don't have to apologize for telling me." You chuckle lightly.

Sunny sits down close to where you're picking up the jumbo blocks. He circles his index fingers together. "Well, I was wondering... If we could have like a playdate!" He says with hesitation in his voice.

You feel a smile grow on your face. "That sounds like that could be fun." You opine. 

Sunny's sun rays spin in delight. He has this goofy grin pasted on his face. His motors run faster. He shakes his fists in joy, "Yay!! Oh boy, I can't wait to play all fun games with you and stay up all night!"

You get up off of the floor. "I'll keep the lights on tonight if we're gonna do this." 

"Well, duh!"

Sunny gets up and skips along next to you. You lock up the front door and then head to the back door. Sunny steps in front of you and shouts, "After me!" 

He snatches the key out of your hand and jumps to the back door. He locks the door and spins back around towards you. He grabs your shoulders gently but firmly and bounces up and down in excitement. "You ready to have some fun!?" 

You giggle at his bubbly comment (not to mention, you have a little bit of a dirty mind) and reply with "Yeah." 

Sunny stops bouncing with energy and grabs your hand and begins to run towards the arts and crafts corner. He stops when you arrive and sits in one of the tiny chairs for the children. "Let's draw each other!" He exclaims. 

He grabs a piece of paper and begins to draw with a black jumbo crayon. You smile lightly and sit down yourself on the ground. You don't find the tiny chairs comfortable. You pick up a pencil and paper and begin drawing.

You start on his sun-shaped head and trace his rays. You glance up at him every now and then to make sure you get the details better. You draw his torso and the rest of his body. You make sure to draw every curve and stripe he might have with his design. 

After you finish drawing him, you color him in. You use orange and yellow for your main colors. You always thought his kid-friendly, welcoming design was adorable. 

You just simply like- no love- everything about him. 

When you finish, you announce, "I'm done."

"Okay! Let me finish and we can show our works of art together!"

You smile at his enthusiasm.

After a few more minutes, he shouts with glee, "Finiiiiished!"

"Okay, on the count of three, show your drawing. Three...two...one-"

You both flip over your papers and show each other what you've created. You examine Sunny's drawing; It's a messy drawing that looks like you on a grassy ground. It's like a child's. You find it absolutely adorable. 

"Oh WOW! Your drawing looks AMAZING!"  

You blush lightly at his compliment. You hand your drawing over and he gives you his. You're definitely going to hang this on your fridge. You are going to cherish it forever. 

(629 words) 

Wow. Sorry this chapter took forever. I don't really have access to any internet at the moment. Im trying though. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Theodore <3