Chapter 2: Not done yet

Summary: Although you ate pretty well yesterday that's not gonna help the fact that you're gonna be hungry again today. So you set off
____________________________________

Rays of sunlight came through your window as your eyes opened slowly, you haven't slept that well since ever. Hell you haven't ate that well since ever. You rose from your bed stretching letting the bedsheets fall from you which you kicked back onto the bed. Another day without a job and another morning with only a fried egg for breakfast. After taking a quick shower and putting on a simple outfit that was nothing special you left your apartment.

"Your rent is over due Y/N" a voice came making you jump. You turned to see your landlord who was a nice old lady, one you had come to befriend.

"Ahh I know Su, I'm really sorry I am. I've been looking for a job lately and had no luck. Do you have anything for me?"

Su shook her head and panted your shoulder "you know I like you Y/N I really do, but if you can't pay your rent...." her voice trailed off and you didn't need her to finish. "I understand, thank you."

After waving goodbye you once more entered the streets of Liyue, the breeze was wonderful and you couldn't help but enjoy the breeze that hit your face. What could you do today? Stealing obviously hasn't been working out to well, not even the treasure hoarders would take you in if you got kicked out of your apartment.

You walked in the main plaza and decided to take a detour, walking up a flight of stairs.

"Oh hey Y/N! What are you doing here?" a familiar voice called out.

"Childe?" You asked turning in the direction your name was called. He was talking to a Fatui member who you assumed worked under him in front of a elegant building. Was that new? You never even noticed it before.

"The one and only" he stated putting a hand on his chest "Did you miss me that much? Or was my charm just leading you to me?"

You heard his awful flirting attempt but you were more focused on looking around not even responding. Hoping his "short but good friend" wasn't around. He seemed to notice this and he laughed putting his hand on your head ruffling your hair.

"But it seems like you missed Scaramouche more! Sadly for you he just left a little ago! I'll make sure to let him know you were looking for him!"

"Sure Childe.. WAIT WAIT NO!" You swatted his hand away flushing in embarrassment. "I was hoping for the opposite!"

Childe smirked in a playful way "oh so you're avoiding him? I'll make sure to tell him that then."

He started to walk off and just as he hoped you followed suite "No no please don't tell him anything! I don't want anything to do with him!" You clapped your hands above your head pleading.

Childe put a hand under his chin pondering "Hmmm I don't know, you two are certainly interesting. But I think we would be even better don't you agree?" He lowered himself slightly to be at your height playfully

"You're not even my type Childe" you laughed and poked his forehead, pushing back up to his normal height as much as you could.

"Oh? But short men with hats that jingle are?" Your blush was getting a little too apparent at the moment "Anyway you didn't answer my question. What are doing at the Northland bank?" His smile dropped for a second but returned quickly

Your eyes moved over to the building you saw with the man he was speaking to. So it was a bank then? This could help you with your financial situation

"Do they do loans?" You asked watching as Childe's smile dropped completely, he almost looked dangerous "We- They do. Why do you need one?"