Safe and Sound

I was awoken by the sound of the local news. I get up and walk downstairs to see Mike feeding May and staring at the screen in astonishment. "Mike whats wrong?" I ask him slowly turning to look at the screen. "Rose.... It's starting" he mutters. It's starting, we have known for a short amount of time that the democracy system in the entire world has collapsed. In the midst of the collapse a cruel Fascist dictator was fighting his way to the top. And today was the day, he has forcefully obtained power.

"W-what do we do?" I ask wide eyed.

" I have some friends that will help" Mike stands up, "Pack a bag and some things for May"

I nod and rush upstairs packing a small bag for myself and packing a diaper bag and a small backpack for May. I meet Mike at the front door. "Ready?" he asks, "ready." I nod and we rush out of the house not knowing how much time we have left. Mike, May, Tyson and I get in the truck and Mike hits the gas.

After about an hour the city is far behind us and we are driving up to what looks like an abandoned farm. The dust clouded behind the car and settled as we stopped in front of a run-down house. "Why are we here?" I ask, he looks around "you'll see" he mutters. Just as Mike says that three men walk out in all black and holding shot guns. HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER!!! This is how I die, this is it. And to think, I didn't even get to touch Cameron Dallas' abs!! I groan at my sudden realization and sink down in my seat sulking. Mike gets out of the truck and walks up to the men. Is he Crazy?! Mike walks up to them and I take this opportunity to look at them. The first guy is tall, about 6'3, with huge muscles, dark blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. The guy in the middle was shorter than the first guy, maybe 6'0, with a beard starting to form, and black hair with jade green eyes . The last guy was the scariest, he was 6'2, and from what I could see his whole torso and arms were covered in tattoos, with dark brown hair with grey eyes.

I see Mike walk straight to the scary guy and shake his hand. Was this the friend he was talking about?  As Mike has a heated conversation with Scary Man May starts to wail. I peel my eyes away from the two and silently get out of the car and pick up May from her car seat rocking her and humming a song. I hear the distinct sound of skin hitting skin and a low growl. I turn around and see Scary Man with a furious look in his eyes, and the other two guys holding the back of their heads. 

Mike walks over to me and takes May from my arms and leads me over to the three.  The guy with blonde hair takes my left hand, while the guy with dark hair takes my right. They both kiss the tops of my hands and I blush.

"Hey Beautiful, I'm Jackson" blondie winks. "and I'm Derek" the other guy says.

I blush, "I'm Rose"

Just then my hands are ripped out of theirs and enclosed in one large one. I freeze, following the tattooed arms up to a very handsome face. I try to pull my hands from his grip but I'm pulled into a rock hard chest. I feel his voice rumble through his chest and closed my eyes savouring the deep baritone of his voice.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" he asked.

My head shoots up and I blush madly. "Mind repeating that?"

"I said, my name is Xander. We're a little short on prepared rooms, so you guys will be bunking with other people for the first few weeks." He leans down and whispers in my ear, " ignore me again and there will be consequences kitten." I gasp softly and shiver at the threat I know is all but empty.

Xander leads us into the house still gripping one of my hands. I realize quickly that the farm house was a cover for a bigger settlement under ground. We come to an elevator and get inside; Xander presses a button and the elevator lowers, going underground. When it opened I was shocked to see a large mess hall, the size of two football fields!

"This is the Mess, meals are eaten here with everyone from the community, breakfast is at 6, lunch is at noon, and dinner is at 6" Xander explains.

Walking down some halls he continues, "  This whole level is dorms, the level below is training facilities, and above is the hospital. All other levels are off limits."

Stopping at one door he turns to Mike, " you'll be bunking with Jackson"

Mike looks to me and back at Xander, " I think it would be better if Rose and I bunked. You know the type of people that stay here"

Xander's eyes harden, "I can assure you she will be safe, bunking accommodations are my responsibility, my house my rules."

I walk to Mike and grab my bag, "Don't worry I'll be fine."

Mike nods and walks into his room holding May. After the door closes Xander turns to me and leads me to the very end of the corridor. Scanning his thumb on the pad the door slides open revealing a beautiful bedroom.

 Scanning his thumb on the pad the door slides open revealing a beautiful bedroom

I gasp and look around in wonder, "this place is amazing!" I exclaim.  I look around to see only one large bed and furrow my eyebrows, "Who's room is this?"

Xander smirks leaning against the wall, "it's yours.... And mine."