38

fall ... fast asleep. Your falls, falling on deaf ears. Can you hear that silence?

-

"Shit!"

Kugisaki could only try to protect herself from the barage of attacks. Her arms covering herself as she tried not get touched.

Yes. Touched.

Her opponent was none other than Mahito. A curse that was quick to become a special grade despite his short time on earth. It ticked her off how she couldn't get close. And his constant changing of forms wasn't making it any easier on her. Not to mention that she couldn't find any of the second or third years. As if they disappeared or ran away, she wouldn't know.

Not to mention that a human like herself stood off to the side, refusing to help. if Kugisaki remembered correctly ... before the fight, this curse, Mahito, had called the human ... Junpei. Why was a human working with a curse anyway?!

Then, she had to jump once again. A sort of jellyfish looking shikigami trying to attack her spot on.

"Hey you! Why are you even helping a curse anyway?!"

"My name is Junpei!"

"Like I care! Just answer the question!"

'Junpei' clenched his fists tightly. His glare set on her as he made his shikigami attack her once again. Mahito taking his chance, but Kugisaki had already saw his attack coming too. Her reflexes quick as she dodged them both.

"Because ... because humans don't have hearts!"

"What a stupid reason!"

He merely ignored Kugisaki. Attacking her again with Mahito joining in. His laughter loud. Echoing. He couldn't wait to see how long she would last in a single transformation. Maybe he should disfigure her more than once?

He couldn't wait to try.

.
.
.

Fushiguro, all the while, protected the front entrance. The curses seeming to be overly weak.

Or maybe he just got stronger?

He couldn't tell...

All that he knew that something felt incredibly off, but he decided to keep to his word. His classmates will be alright.

The fight would end. Kugisaki would come back with many complaints over how many ugly curses she had to fight, and y/n would be smiling saying how she loved helping people when Fushiguro knew that she despised helping others.

He also knew that she was trying to calm him before. Saying they should split up to help others. To settle his soul.

It worked.

And he felt that everything will be alright.

When this was over, he would go find y/n. Probably having a few i juries of her own, but was alright all the same.

Maybe he could even hold her hand again?

Heh ... maybe.