A Family Reunion

The next morning, everyone in the house was up bright and early. Making sure the place was clean, the cooking was complete, and everything was ready for the remaining family members yet to arrive.

Mady was busy in the kitchen with her mother putting the finishing touches on the monstrous feast they were going to enjoy, while Steve, Marcus and Jared were outside, preparing for the hurricane about to arrive. Steve hadn't met Mady's nieces and nephews, but he had heard the stories. They were a whirlwind of energy.

"You showed Steve the pond last night?" Linda asked, handing her daughter the cupcakes they had made for the little ones.

"I did," she answered. "He loved it."

"Don't we all," Linda laughed. "Would that also explain why you both didn't get in until well past eleven o' clock?"

"What? We can't just lay out by the water and enjoy nature?"

"Enjoy nature, my ass. At least tell me you both got a shower afterwards. I don't want my sheets smelling like pond scum."

Mom," Mady gasped. "Get that out of your system before the kids arrive."

"You are definitely my daughter," she surveyed the kitchen. "I think everything is ready. Go and join the boys. See if they need any help."

"Looks like they're done too," the woman glanced out the window into the backyard.

"I'll go change. I'm most likely going to be on swimming duty. Again," Mady muttered.

"Probably, you spent enough time out there to get used to the water last night."

"Mother!"

Mady knew she was running behind schedule when she heard the car horn from the driveway. Her oldest brother was a complete child. Shaking her head, she pulled a tank top over her bikini and gunned it downstairs. Her nieces and nephews were the first ones through the front door, running as fast as their little legs could carry them, tackling her to the ground.

"Aunt Mady, we missed you!" They showered her with kisses. "We haven't seen you in ages!"

"You all saw me at Christmas, you crazy kids," Mady embraced them tightly. "Regardless, I missed you, too. Listen, I brought someone with me that I want you to meet."

"Is it your boyfriend?" Taylor asked. "I heard Mommy telling Daddy that you have one. They said it was about time."

"Did you bring Captain America with you?" Marty shouted in excitement.

"Wow, Jess, I love you too," Mady said to her sister-in-law. "Come on, he's outside and he's really excited to meet you guys."

Steve was out in the backyard with Jared and Marcus when multiple car horns echoed through the trees. It must have been Mady's brothers. He remembered her saying they were the most childish people she knew.

"Ready to meet the rest of the crazy crew?" Jared gripped his shoulder. "I wish I could post the pictures on the internet, but I won't. I'm not going to be that much of an ass."

"I appreciate it," Steve said. "Does anyone know –"

"Nope," Marcus answered. "Uh oh, incoming," He turned just in time to see his girl slide the glass doors open, followed by the tiny group of children. "Marty isn't wearing his costume today. That's a good sign."

"Costume?"

"Aunt Ross thought it would be funny to get Marty a Captain America costume for his birthday two months ago," Jared answered with a snicker. "I would love to know how Mark and Jess were able to get it off the kid."