Sex (With My Ex)

Written by: thereforjkk13

Summary:

"[...] Jimin knew, from the moment he let Jungkook into the hotel, that they were bound to make a mistake and that he would get his heart ripped out of his chest again. He should've stopped things right then and there, but how do you refuse something you wanted for so long, that is so deep-rooted in your chest that nothing seems to get it out?"

OR

A story about New York, childhood friends and making a bunch of mistakes before getting it right.

:: :: ::

Mood: Harry Styles - Ever Since New York

New York

2022

New York was an endless relationship of love and hate for Jimin.

To be honest, it was still curious for him how a place could hold so many good and bad memories all at once: from his amazing high school and college days to his parents divorce, from his hard party phase to his first heartbreak, from scoring his once dream job to watching himself break and be broken by the one person he loved and cared about the most - New York had seen it all.

And that's why Jimin can't quite process why he's coming back after all of this - even if deep down he knows the reason very well.

Jeon Jungkook.

25 years old, beautiful, successful, amazingly good at everything, Jungkook. His sweet, caring, selfless childhood friend, Jungkook. The one he loved like he never loved anyone but chose to never confess, afraid of messing things up - till it happened anyway.

Jungkook.

:: :: ::

They met each other on a hot summer day, seventeen years ago, after both their parents decided to take them to a lake near their city. Jimin was around ten years old and Jungkook around eight, but their age difference didn't stop the instant connection they had. They played for hours on end, and by the time they were going back home, they begged so fucking much for their parents to let them meet each other again that they simply couldn't say no - and from that day on, nothing could ever separate those two.

Jungkook changed schools to attend the same one as him. Jimin entered the same arts school as Jungkook so they could spend their afternoons together. Jungkook went to prom with Jimin so he wouldn't go alone and held him while he cried his heart out after his first heartbreak. Jimin waited almost two years to go to college, just so they could go together and be roommates. And maybe... Maybe that's when things started to change.

It wasn't as if nothing had ever happened before college - they were, in fact, each other's first kiss (after an episode of Jungkook making a whole letter of why it was only logical for it to happen), and a lot of other small firsts - and Jimin had a lot of episodes when all he wanted was to say "fuck it" and test if things were messing with his head only, to just go all the way with it. But something always held them both back - until a series of events in college pushed them for good.

:: :: ::

New York

2015 - 2019

Leaving Newark, in the outskirts of New York - where they lived throughout childhood and teenage years - to actually live in the middle of Manhattan and getting to Columbia University was a dream come true in and of itself, but it was not the only good thing happening around that time. Together with Taehyung (the other piece of their perfect puzzle, whom they met in high school and who was going to fucking Julliard), they were able to move to a hole-in-the-wall apartment close to the Upper West Side and then got to know their favorite people in the world in the process of starting this new chapter.