ii. senior parties

CHAPTER TWOII

CHAPTER TWO
II. SENIOR PARTIES

September 4th, 1985

                     THE FIRST SENIOR PARTY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR AND STEPHANIE WAS READY TO GO HOME BY 11. She had been ditched by her best friend and the rest of her friends were inside either too drunk to have any kind of conversation or were too busy snogging players of the basketball team. And Stephanie was neither drunk enough or in the mood to make out with a jock. So that was why she was sitting outside on the front steps of the house where the party was taking place.

And that was where Eddie Munson had found her that night. Sitting alone in the baby blue dress she had been wearing, that left nothing to the imagination. And maybe that was why he had stopped to talk to her.

"Stephanie Carter, sitting outside at a party? Has the world turned upside down?" Eddie's voice had caused Stephanie to look up, after staring down at her feet for the past 10 minutes. Her eyes locked with his and she had frowned.

He was the last person Stephanie had been expecting to see. "Eddie Munson." Of course she knew his name, the boy who was repeating his senior year, again. Everyone knew who Eddie Munson was. "I don't need to ask you what you're doing here." Although she'd been surprised to see him, she knew why he was there. To sell.

"No, you don't." Eddie snickered. "So, what are you doing outside alone?" Eddie had been to a lot of parties, doing the same thing at them all, and had never seen Stephanie sitting outside alone. She was always the centre of attention.

Stephanie had expected Eddie to leave her alone after greeting her. The two had never really spoken before and Stephanie hadn't planned to ever talk to Eddie. They were in different crowds, they probably didn't have a single thing in common and she didn't know why he was asking her why she was outside alone. "Why should I tell you?" Stephanie didn't mean to be snarky but she was drunk and had already been in a bad mood way before Eddie had showed up.

"Don't." Eddie shrugged, not being offended by her attitude. "I was only making conversation, sweetheart." Eddie told her before he started to make his way towards the front door. He had reached the door, preparing to open it and leave Stephanie outside but her voice stopped him.

"Jason was my ride home but he left with Chrissy." Stephanie told him, not knowing entirely why but she was speaking without even thinking. "And there is absolutely no way I'm asking Scotty for a ride home." Stephanie would rather crawl home on her hands and knees. "He'll think it's an invitation to sleep with me." And she wasn't joking. Scotty Williams, one of Stephanie's classmates and a member of the basketball team, had the biggest thing for Stephanie. He followed her around like a lost puppy just waiting for her to give him a chance, and had been since their sophomore year. She probably would've found it cute if he wasn't a complete jerk about it, his cocky attitude was the biggest turn off.