coffee date

She sat there with her laptop open. As she bit her nail he walked up to her.

"You're still working?" he asked her. She nodded.

"I have an essay due this week," she sighed and she pulled her head down and wiped her eyes tiredly. She felt a hand on top of her head, patting her softly. She smiled to herself and looked up at him. He was already grabbing a chair so he could sit with her. Once he was finally settled, she held his hand.

"What'd you do today?" she asked as she sat back up and continued typing on her laptop.

"Nothing much, classes were pretty boring today," He said as he got out his notebook and a textbook.

"What do you have for homework?" she asked,

"Oh, I just have to take these notes. Did you already get a coffee?" He asked looking at her, resting his chin on his hand. She pushed her hair behind her ears and looked at him. It was quiet as they both admired the other. 

"Not yet, couldn't decide on what to get." She said.

"I'll get us some real quick." He said taking out his wallet. She smiled again.

"Thanks," 

"Of course," He said, standing up, heading to the register, and getting in line. She stared as he walked away. Wondering how she'd gotten so lucky to meet him. Reminiscing on their first encounter, she didn't notice him grabbing her a cookie. He knew how much she loved this cafe's cookies. He quickly paid and went to wait for their orders. 2 small mochas with coffee. Delighted, he picked them up, along with the cookie that was now warmed up. This cafe had both been their favorite, considering it was the closest one to their school and all they had to do was walk across the street. He walked back towards their table and placed the stuff down gently. 

"I'm back," he said as he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek." she blushed.

"I got you a cookie too by the way," he said smiling as he sat down.

"God, I love you." She said as she grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Me too," he said, caressing it.

They spent the rest of the afternoon together, admiring each other's company.