a "normal" day

*A week later*
MEREDITH POV
"Have you told anyone?" Derek asked me while we were walking into the hospital.
"No, only the chief and Cristina know." I told him.
"Shouldn't we tell people?"
"Derek, I told want everyone knowing about our personal life, we shouldn't say anything."
"They will eventually figure out." He sighed.
"Eventually. Not now, we've only been here for a week." I explained.
"Whatever you say... Who's service are you one?"
"Dr. Burke's."
"Okay, I'll see you later." He kisses me on the cheek.
"No kissing in the hospital." I say before heading to the resident's locker room.
_________
I walk into the locker room seeing Cristina waiting for me. "Where have you been?" She asks while I walk towards her.
"I was talking to Derek-" I reply.
"About what?" She cuts in.
"Why do you care?" I ask. She gives a pleading look. "Whether we should tell people we are married." I say under my breath.
"You guys should tell people, I'm pretty sure George has the hots for you." She tells me.
"No he doesn't, we're not even that close. Also, they're going to think I'm getting special privilege whenever I'm on his service." I respond.
"So, what if... let's say a nurse has the hots for McDreamy, Derek, so she watched him everyday and realized you went home together all the time. Then, she spread rumors that you were sleeping with him for surgeries, wouldn't you regret not telling people?"
"I don't think something like that would happen, but i would shut it down by saying we're married. Its not like something to the extent will happen... I don't think it
could. Also, McDreamy?"
"The nurses nicknamed him. Meredith, just be careful" She says while checking her watch. "Let's go before we'll be late."
_________
*beep* *beep*
I saw I was paged to the nurse's station on floor 2. I headed to the elevators when I saw a very attractive man.
"Dr. Shepherd, how is your day going?" I ask him.
"It's going fine, it would be better if my wife was on my service." He smiled at me. "You?"
"It's also going fine, I found out you have a nickname" I giggled.
"A nickname?"
"Yes, they call you 'McDreamy' and I agree with that."
"Hmmmm.. 'McDreamy'? I like it." He smirked.
*ding*
The elevator arrived and we both got on.
"This nickname is not helping your ego" I laugh.
He laughs, "What floor?"
"2 please." I say.
Once the elevator closed he grabbed my waist.
"I can't wait to go home tonight." I felt butterflies as he whispered in my ear.
"Yeah? What are you going to do tonight?" I whisper back.
"Just wait and see."
*ding*
"This is my floor, see you later Dr. Shepherd." I say while walking out of the elevator. I walk to the nurse's station. I walk up to Dr. Preston Burke.
"You paged Dr. Burke?" I ask.
"Yes Dr. Grey, I need you to write my post-ops." He answers.
"On it, anything else?" I ask.
"Nope, page me when you're done." He said while walking away.
_________
I'm sitting in the tunnels working on Dr. Burke's post-ops when George walked up to me. "Need anything?" I ask.
"Wanna get a drink after work? Or are you on call?" He asks.
"I have plans tonight, sorry." I say with a small smile.
"Don't mind me asking but what are your plans?" He asks.
I felt a little uncomfortable, "A 'date' night, you could say."
"Date?" He asked surprised.
"Why are you so surprised? I can't have a personal life?" I asked.
"No, no, nothing like that I-" *beep* *beep*
My pager went off, it was Derek
"Sorry I have to go."
"Meredith!" He called as I was walking away.
"I'll talk to you later George."
_________
I found Derek sitting on an E.R. bed.
"OMG!..."
_________
595 words