a hard day

(The next day)
MEREDITH POV
I feel Derek nudging me to wake up.

"Meredith you need to wake up." I hear him say.

"I'm not going." I groan, burying my head into my pillow.

"You have to go Mer, it's your job." He tells me while rubbing my back.

"Well, then I quit," I say looking up at Derek. He looks me in the eyes.

"What are you so scared of?" He asks me. I sit there staring into his eyes.

"They're all going to hate me," I say tearing up. Derek hugs me.

"No one is going to hate you." He whispers in my ear.

"You don't know that," I say pulling out of our hug.

"It might take them a while to warm up to the fact that I chose to marry the love of life." He says. He then kisses me on the nose.

"I love you." He smiles.

"I love you too."

________

(In the car)

Once we arrive at the hospital Derek starts to get out of the car. I just sit there staring in front of me.

"Mer..." He says.

I don't answer, I still stare straight ahead.

"Meredith, if you want I'll do all the talking and explaining." He tells me. I look at him. He's giving me the "McDreamy" smile.

"Okay, let's go," I say taking a deep breath.

"You know you have to leave the car first, right?" He chuckles.

"Yeah, right," I say while getting out of the car. I grab my purse which was by my feet. Derek walks over to me and grabs my hand.

"You ready?" He asks.

"I don't think I have a choice," I answer back.

We walk into the hospital holding hands. When we go to the doors, I took a deep breath. I looked at Derek. He looks at me and we make eye contact.

"Come on, you don't want to be late for rounds." He says to me.

While walking in, I can already see heads turning, and the whispers start. I hear someone walk in behind us.

"Meredith!" I hear them yell. I turn around and see Cristina.

"Bye Derek, I'll see you later," I say and kiss him on the cheek before walking to Cristina.

"You know you are screwed right?" She asks me.

"Really? I didn't know." I say sarcastically.

"You know, you really should have said something." She tells me.

"I know, I just didn't think everyone needed to know my personal life," I tell her.

"Well, now they know your personal life," She says.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes.

________

We walk into the resident's locker room. It goes quiet. All eyes are on me...

"Just ignore them," I hear Cristina say. I want to ignore the stares, but it's too difficult. Everyone looking at me, whispering about me, I hate it. I start walking to my locker, George is standing in front of my locker.

"Excuse me, George," I say wanting to get to my locker.

"No," he says. "Not until you tell you were sleeping with an attending." I looked at him shocked. Why does he want to know my personal life? I thought to myself.

"Why do you need to know? Can't I keep my personal life a secret?" I ask him.

"If you want to get ahead, just tell us. I bet your mom would be so proud of you." He retorts.

"Don't ever mention my mother, and if you want to know we're married," I tell him. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Speechless. Everyone who wasn't looking at me now is. George silently starts walking to his locker so I could reach mine. I feel a pat on the back.

"You handled that well," I hear Cristina sarcastically say behind me.

"Shut up," I tell her with a laugh. I start changing into my scrubs.

________

Once changed, I sat there feeling eyes on my back.

"Dr. Grey!" I hear a woman yell. I recognized that voice from anywhere. It was Dr. Bailey. Shit.

"Yes, Dr. Bailey?" I ask, not trying to sound rude or upset.

"Can I speak with you, outside? Now!" She said sternly. Crap. Crap. Crap. I thought. This can't be good.

"Of course," I say standing up and following her outside.

"Please explain why I'm hearing that you are sleeping with an attending?" She got straight to the point.

"Uhhh... He's my husband..." I say nervously. I look at my feet not wanting to see her face.

"Does the Chief know?" She asks.

"Yes, he was at the wedding." I look up, telling her. She looked pretty confused. "He was Derek's Chief Resident back in New York," I tell her.

"Oh... well, you are on Shepherd's service today. If I notice any favoritism, I will personally ban you from his service." She tells me.

"Okay Dr. Bailey, have a good day," I say walking away.

"You too, Grey!" she calls out to me.

________

825 words
Author's Note
Sorry for not posting, school has taken a lot of my time. This has been in my drafts for like a month. I will try better to update more. Also, if you have any ideas on where this story should go, feel free to leave a comment. :)