(1) Together

"GET OUT OF BED I REFUSE TO BE LATE ON THE FIRST DAY!" I hear my dad's voice scream from the kitchen.

"NO." I groan back, burying myself deeper into the covers, I can never manage to find the will to pull myself out of bed on time. Especially not after the summer.

"AURELIA ROMANI LUPIN GET OUT OF BED. NOW." Sirius Black shouts, backing up my dad. I don't deign this with an answer, stomping feet sound in the hallway and i smirk. 

The bedroom door opens and my covers are ripped off me "Get up now." My dad, Remus Lupin, says before stomping back out of the room.

I promptly pull the covers back over myself and lay down again. "If you aren't out here and dressed in ten minutes I'm giving you detention for the whole week!" He shouts, and because he's the stupid Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, and his husband is the Care of Magical Creatures professor, they can actually do that. 

I don't get out of bed, he'll have to drag me at this point.

"I KNOW YOU'RE NOT UP YET. IT'S FOUR THIRTY IN THE AFTERNOON FOR MERLIN'S SAKE GET UP." He shouts again and I hear shuffling down the hallway, a different pair of footsteps. 

"You'd better get up before your father has a stroke, tesoro." (tesoro - honey) My mum says, her soft italian accent frames her voice like sunlight framing a leaf. Dark black hair limp on her shoulders, she leans heavily on the door frame. Since i'm staying with my dad and Sirius this week, she came to see me off for my first day. 

"TARA GET HER UP." Dad shouts.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, STRONZO." (stronzo - asshole) Mum shouts back, making her way back down the hallway.

"OKAY. SORRY." Dad shouts again and I can hear the smile in his voice. I roll my eyes.

I groan "CAN NO ONE GET PEACE AND QUIET IN THIS HOUSE?" I shout, turning over and listening to the music I left on all night, well, all day now I guess.

"GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE! AND YOU BETTER BE DRESSED!" Dad shouts again, he's answered with a groan as I finally drag myself out of bed and pull on my green plaid Slytherin skirt and white button up shirt, I don't put my robe on yet.

"HURRY UP." Dad snaps from the kitchen and I mock him silently while I pull my socks on. I stumble half awake into the bathroom and brush my hair. I French braid it the way Mum taught me the week before first year started, leaving two curly strands out in the front. 

I try to cover the dark circles under my eyes and put on mascara and a hint of black eyeliner on my bottom waterline.

"Your father would like you to know that you've got detention every day the coming week in his office." Mum says from the doorway of the bathroom and I meet her eyes in the mirror. 

"He's not serious." I say and she raises an eyebrow that says he sure sounds like it. I sigh hard through my nose, hopefully Sirius will defend me.

She snorts at my panicked look as I finish my hair and rush through my room, tripping on a tube of paint I left on the floor on my way out into the hallway and to the kitchen. Dad glares at me from where he stands by the stove.

"Sorry?" I offer and he turns around, I wince internally, so he could've been serious about that detention. Sirius shoots me an amused look while he sips his tea, leaning against the counter.

"You're grounded." Dad says, back still to me as I head to the cabinet to get a bowl for cereal. "I'm going to be at scho-" I start

"You're grounded." He interrupts, "You go to class and you go to my office and the common room. For the next two days. Got it?" He says. I snort, he glares harder. "Three days, and you're not allowed to talk to those boys of yours." He retaliates.