chapter 31

talia curled up on the couch in the common room, pansy sitting close next to her. the sun outside was mostly set, candles around the common room lit and the fire flickering. water was heard dripping from the dungeon, and every now and then the flip of a page in the book talia was reading. her and pansy had a blanket thrown over them both.

even though talia looked like she was reading, her mind was too caught up with her and draco's next step forward. she was more attracted to him than she's been with any other guy, and she was ready to have sex with him.

she was just nervous that if she said so to draco, he wouldn't want to have sex with her. she was also worried about what draco would think of seeing her naked body. what if he didn't think she was attractive?

as talia slowly moved on to chapter 13 of the book she was "reading", blaise, a boy named theodore, crabbe and goyle walked down the stairs from the boys dorm. talia closed her book and looked up at them, pansy setting down her nail file. they both figured the boys would distract them from doing what they were doing, anyway.

"we knew you girls would be down here. you guys should come with us." blaise said, the boys walking to the couch across from them.

"where are you going? it's getting late." pansy pointed out. talia nodded her way.

"we're going to force the house elves to make us some blueberry muffins. i've been craving them for two days!" crabbe exclaimed, rubbing his stomach. talia raised her eyebrows and smirked.

"on your period?" she teased. crabbe rolled his eyes, and goyle laughed and patted his back. pansy laughed as well.

"well, i would go, but i'm already pretty much ready for bed." she explained. theodore nodded his head toward talia.

"what about you, tal? down for some muffins?"

"and bother those poor little house elves? no thanks. maybe you should learn how to make your own muffins." she said, still smirking. again, crabbe rolled his eyes.

"whatever." he mumbled.

"where's your boyfriend? he's supposed to come with us." blaise wondered. talia acted like she was looking around, even though she knew where draco really was.

he was in the room of requirement, as he was now most nights. the vanishing cabinet has been taking up most of his time. him and talia didn't get much alone time anymore. sometimes talia felt the cabinet was almost slowly consuming him.

but, even though she knew draco's new hobby to fix the cabinet wasn't the healthiest, she was too afraid to speak against it. it was for voldemort, she knew that without a doubt. and, even though she was his daughter, she didn't know what voldemort was capable of. she didn't want draco getting hurt if he didn't comply to voldemorts wishes.

just then, though, draco entered the common room, and everyone looked at him.

"there he is! right on time." blaise exclaimed. he clapped his hands and walked over to draco, putting one hand on each shoulder and guiding him into the room. draco through his friends a confused look.

"what do you guys want?" he wondered. crabbe threw his hands up in the air.

"the muffins, malfoy! muffins." he said.

draco walked over to in front of talia and put his palm on the top of her head, remembering about his friend's plans he was supposed to attend.

"are you going?" he asked.

"no." tal answered. draco pursed his lips and looked up at the rest of his friends.

"i'm gonna stay back then, boys." he informed. each of the boys groaned, making talia and pansy giggle.

talia moved over closer to pansy so draco could sit on the couch. she covered some of the blanket they were sharing over him, and pansy grimaced and got up.

"in that case, i'll be going. forgive me, but i don't feel like third wheeling with you guys all night." she said, walking over behind goyle.

as much as talia loved pansy and pansy loved talia, they both knew talia didn't mean to leave pansy out. it just sort of happened, especially since draco wasn't super fond of pansy.

"very well. malfoy, talia, if you change your mind, you know where we'll be." theodore smiled.

each of the slytherins besides draco and pansy left the common room, making sure to be as quiet as they could, besides the occasional snicker or stomach growl from goyle. when the door closed, talia finally got the chance to get a good look at draco next to her.

he had under eye bags and was paler than usual. he seemed like he wasn't eating much, either. tal was worried.

"you okay?" she asked him, putting her hand over his. draco nodded and started getting comfortable. he shifted a little before his head ended up in talia's lap, facing the fire and staring at it.

talia knew he was lying. draco wasn't okay, how could he be?

she picked up her hand and started playing with draco's hair. draco's eyes began to close, and just when talia thought he had fallen asleep, he spoke up.

"i think the two of us should run away." he said. talia smiled, looking over at the fire like draco was.

"oh really?" she confirmed. draco nodded, his eyes still closed.

"mhm." he replied.

talia thought. draco was daydreaming, thinking about a fantasy, something he knew both him and talia would never be able to do. dreaming was useless, and draco knew it was something he could never give her.

that didn't mean it wasn't nice to do every now and then, though. to try and escape everything that was going on, all of the problems they shouldn't be dealing with but were.

"and where were you thinking?" tal chuckled. draco smirked.

"maybe ireland. drinking in pubs and letting you enjoy the architecture. staying up late every night wandering the streets and staring at the sky. not worrying about...anything." he thought, speaking slowly as the pieces in his head started coming together.

talia began to tear up. now that her and draco were both thinking about it, they wanted nothing more than to live out the fantasy they both shared.

"what if we get bored? irelands far away.." tal mentioned, wanting to know what the boy laying in her lap would say. he only shook his head again.

"i don't think we will. we can get married there at saint fin barre's cathedral. maybe a kid or two." draco went on.

talia's eyes fluttered open and closed. she bit down on her lip and looked at draco, who's eyes were open again and looking at the fire. the fact that he was thinking about marrying talia and starting a family with her made her slightly overwhelmed. they were just kids theirselves. but, at the same time, she wanted nothing more than to eventually start a life and family with draco.

"that's a beautiful dream, mr. malfoy." she said, simply. she wanted to let him have this one night to escape, even if it would only last a few moments. she couldn't ruin this for him.

"thank you, mrs. malfoy." draco whispered.

talia's lips slightly parted as she looked down at draco, who rolled over to stare up at her. as he did, he saw it in her eyes that she was feeling the same way as him.

he's never had that before.

draco couldn't control himself. he had to kiss her. he had to love her.

he brought his head up to talia, kissing her. her hand wrapped against his neck, his finding her hips. they enjoyed the loving kiss before draco pulled away. before he could say anything, talia spoke up, breathlessly.

"i've been thinking about it. and...i'm ready."

she didn't need to elaborate any further. draco knew exactly what she meant.

so, he got up off of the couch and put his hand out. talia looked at it for a second before looking back up at him, taking it and letting him lead her toward his dorm.