chapter 33

draco woke up the next morning with nothing but regret.

this isn't how he wanted things to go. he wasn't supposed to have sex with talia yet, and he punched himself for not having enough willpower to resist her.

the truth was, draco had been thinking long and hard about his and talia's relationship. he truly loved the girl, whether he knew it yet or not. and he wanted to do nothing more than protect her.

but he wasn't able to protect her if he was about to bring a bunch of deatheaters, and possibly even voldemort, into the castle. the only way he could was if talia was as far away from him and hogwarts as possible, back in america at home with her parents.

he knew she would never go willingly if he asked her. but, draco thought, maybe she would go if she was heartbroken enough. if draco was able to drive her away with hurt and sorrow, preferably before his task was carried out.

he was going to break up with her. he was going to hurt her, even if it destroyed him to do so. it was the only way, in his mind, to keep her safe.

but he couldn't do it yet. he couldn't bring himself to. not today, at least. he just needed one more day with talia until they would he over for good.

"hey..talia..." draco whispered, rubbing his thumb against the girls' cheek. talia's eyes slowly fluttered open, looking up at draco and smiling.

it made his heart melt.

"hey. there she is." he smiled. she furrowed her head back into draco's chest. he closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling.

"it's so early." talia mumbled. she felt draco chuckle.

"you sound like me." he said, making them both laugh. they layed like this for a few more moments, draco petting talia's hair and letting her wake up slowly.

"i want us to go down to the great hall and get some breakfast with everyone. we still have classes today, you know." draco explained.

even though it was pretty much the end of the year, the hogwarts students did still have class. and, draco wanted his and talia's last day together to be normal. they'll have breakfast, and then go to class, and study later on in the common room. then, they'll say their final goodnights, and draco will break up with talia the next day.

and they did just that. they got breakfast, and draco watched talia carefully throughout the entire day. he admired her laugh when she was talking with pansy and astoria. he admired her smile when she got a good grade on a paper she was nervous about. he admired the fiery looks she kept sending potter in the hallways. how her eyes lit up whenever she saw him. the way her lips felt against his when he kissed her.

everything.

talia meant everything to him.

it was the fastest day of draco's life. night came quickly, and he was sad to see it was over so soon.

there him and talia sat in the common room, serperated on a couch from the rest of their friends. she put her head on his chest as she did some homework, and eventually, pansy and astoria came over to ask talia if she was heading up to bed with them.

talia looked up at draco, wondering if she should stay with him in his dorm.

but draco shook his head.

"it's alright. you never see them anymore. you should spend some time with them." he whispered in her ear. talia furrowed her eyebrows, looking at draco confused.

"are you sure?" she asked.

draco nodded.

he then grabbed talia's neck and kissed her deeply for everyone to see.

and she headed up to bed.

draco watched her walk off, clenching down on his jaw. he then walked over to his friends, putting on a fake smile until they would head up to bed themselves.

"i can't believe he kissed you in front of everyone like that!" astoria said as the girls made their way up to their dorms. talia didn't say anything, but smiled and blushed.

"you guys are totally in love." pansy said.

they passed astoria's room and said goodnight, daphne laying down inside, sleeping. pansy and talia walked to their dorm, tired as well.

once they got inside, talia took off her robe. pansy looked over, and saw a couple of marks on her neck.

"no way. talia! he gave you hickeys!" pansy excitedly exclaimed, walking over to talia and shoving her head to the side. talia pulled away, laughing.

"pansy! don't look at them..." she smiled, blushing again.

pansy crossed her arms and titled her head, thinking. then, her eyes got wide and she gasped, covering her mouth.

"you guys had sex! you're glowing!" she yelled. talia widened her own eyes and out a finger on pansy's mouth, laughing again and looking at the door.

"shh! i don't need the whole house knowing." she said, trying to calm pansy down. pansy only continued to giggle.

"well, was it good?" she asked.

talia sighed and walked over to her bed, laying down and staring at the cieling. she shook her head, unable to wipe the smile from her face.

"it was...amazing." she confessed. pansy went and sat down on her own bed, blowing out a few candles.

"you guys are too cute. you need to get married by yesterday, already." she said.

talia turned and looked over at pansy, who was staring at her. she thought deep and long for a second before chuckling, then speaking up.

"pansy...i think i'm in love with him." tal thought out loud.

pansy sighed, lovingly.

"of course you are."

she gave her friend one last smile before going to turn off the light, rolling over in her bed. talia did the same, and she fell asleep with a smile on her face, thinking about the night before and unknowing about the heartbreak that awaited her tomorrow.