𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 ❔

𝐒𝐀𝐊𝐔𝐒𝐀

   Screams and Engines roaring fill my ears as a lady with two checkered flags walks into the middle of the starting line, I grip the steering wheel with a smirk on my face. "ONE, TWO,...THREE" she waves the flags as cars start to fly. I feel the adrenaline start pumping through my veins as I start pressing the gas. I keep smiling like I'm having the time of my life because I was, I've loved racing since I was 5 and I first watched a Nascar race with my dad, I smile as I remember those memories. I turn to my left and I see a purple Mustang ahead of me, I laugh as I press on the gas and accelerator and soon to the finish line.

I step out of my car and brush my curls back as met with pats on the back, "Great race like usual, kusa" Hajime says as he daps me up "Yeah yeah but, take it easy on the car man, I don't need another one of your cars in my lot man." Osamu said, shaking his head "yeah sorry 'bout that." I said rubbing his shoulder, Matsun then ran up to us "Yo guys, y'all trying to go to Ma's after this?" "YES," Osamu says immediately, making the rest of us laugh. A familiar Engine interrupts our conversation as we turn and watch a deep red Mercedes AMG GT coop pull up, I walk towards the car as the window rolls down " Wassup Jin" I say shaking his hand " The usual Kiyo, but I do have news tell you guys," he steps out of his car as he says the next sentence "So I need you to go get the rest of them, please" my face turns to one of concern as I realize this is serious, Jin never says please. I walked back to where I grabbed Matsun, Osamu, and Iwaizumi, and before I could turn to look for Teru Iwaizumi asked me what this is all about, I turned " Jin has something important to say,.." I looked towards the ground and back at them, " He said please..." I watch their faces morph into concerned faces as they realize this was serious. I left to go find Teru and I found him talking to Daishou, Daishou is an old friend of mine and an amazing racer but he quit after "the accident", "Jin has something to tell us c'mon,".

  After finding everyone, Jin tells us to follow him to his office. He sits down in his chair and he puts his head in his hands, at this point we're all worried " So what's this about?" Osamu says while bouncing his leg something he does when he's nervous, " Well...I have to close the track down" Jin says head still in his palms, the atmosphere in the room immediately darkens as we register what he said. " W-what?.. why!?" Daishou says slightly, raising his voice " Yeah why!?, we can't race anywhere else. This track is like our home!" Matsun says with the same amount of displeasure as Daishou. Jin lets out a heavy sigh, after a beat of silence he looks up from his hands and says " I have to move back to Korea,... I would leave this place in your hands but I need to sell the track to afford the trip, so I'm sorry but I need to close the track down " I watch Jin run his hands through his hair with a sigh "trust me this wasn't my first choice but,...I can't think of anything else.." I turn my head to the ground, I can't believe this is happening. We've been here since we were 13, and it's all going down the drain..., "...Wait" I raised my head as Iwaizumi began to say "What if we buy the track?" We all look at him confused. "Well if we buy the track we can keep the track and Jin can afford to go to Korea, It's a win, win." I stood there for a minute contemplating the pros and cons "..That just might work," I look around the room to see everyone nodding, except for Daishou " But how are we supposed to afford it, I mean we all have money but this track cost more then all of our paychecks doubled." I watch everyone's face drop. I shake my head with my eyebrows buried and a smirk on my face, " When have we ever let a little challenge stop us? all this means is to keep working and racing, to keep our track".

𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐒𝐔𝐍

We start discussing the plans and how we're going to do this, " So we're just gonna try and make the money, then what? we barely know how to run a track," I turn towards the gray-haired male, " Osamu, you and I are mechanics, so we already have that covered," I then turn towards the whole group " We have the racers and Jin's not leaving until another 4 months, so we have time to learn. So stop worrying and let's get this done", "whatever man" Sakusa said, shaking his head with a smile. Jin then looks around at us "so you guys really want to do this" I replied quickly "more than anything" and sounds of agreement fill the room, " you guys have 4 months, get to work." Smiles fill the room.

We're keeping the track.

——————————
𝐀𝐓𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐔

Banging on the door startles me awake, I look around the room wide-eyed as I find my roommate, Makki, in the same state. I step into my slippers and walked towards the door with Makki trailing behind me mumbling a " Who the hell..?", I looked through the peephole still startled from the banging, but after seeing who it was my shoulders relaxed, and I turn towards Makki with a tired expression " You deal with him" I said before I walk to the kitchen to start breakfast, Makki looks confused before the realization sets in "oh.". I start cracking eggs when a loud "Yahoo!" fills my ears I roll my eyes with a smile on my face " Hey Toru," I said as he walked into the kitchen with an annoyed Makki rubbing his eyes " Ya hungry?" Toru and Makki's eyes practically start to sparkle at the question, I let out a breathy laugh " I'll take that as a yes.". They get seated at the breakfast bar as I put the plates in front of them then take my own plate and sit next to Makki. Afterwards we all say 'itadakimasu' and take a couple bites of food.

Makki looks to his right, facing Toru " So why're you here?" Oikawa lets out a gasp and puts a hand on his chest " I can't just come and see my best friends?" Looking at both of us with a shocked face, Makki and I looked at each other then back at Oikawa with a straight face. Oikawa laughs " Ok well you caught me, well I heard some people talking about this racing place and I wanted to go shopping then go there you know have a day out then check out the place," Oikawa looks at both of us with pleading eyes and a smile "Sooo will you guys go with me?" Makki looks at Oikawa and says "I don't have any classes today so I'm down," then looks at me "What about you Sumu?", I think if I have any plans then turn towards the two boys " I don't either, So shopping day it is." Oikawa's face quickly turned into a grin " Well hurry up and finish your food and get ready because I want to get there before it gets crowded." he then turns to his plate and continues eating.

I guess I'm going out today.