confession

It was the day of the Yule Ball. 

Although everyone around Y/N seemed to be ecstatic and excited for the dance that was happening in the later evening, she was dreading it. 

She had politely declined so many dates she couldn't even keep count anymore. Even though everyone seemed to want to go with her, the one person she wanted to go with was going with someone else. 

Y/N was about to just give up and stay in her dorm the entire night and just watch movies by herself. She had already bought a dress and everything, but she really didn't feel like going.

Y/N walked to her last period class dreading the events later that night held.

She was practically asleep while walking to class, that was until one of her bestfriends Harry decided he needed to talk to her. 

"Yes Harry? Can we make this quick, I need to get to class so this day can be over already." says Y/N drowsily. 

"Ok well I was thinking maybe we could go to the ball together? I know it's last minute, but you don't have a date and I don't have a date so.." says Harry.

"I don't know Harry.. I was thinking about maybe skipping it-" says Y/N.

"Please Y/N! I know you wanted to go with Hermione, but that doesn't mean you need to be wasting your time rotting away in your room." says Harry hopefully. 

"I- I did not want to go with Hermione!" says Y/N sternly but hesitantly. 

"Oh come on Y/N, everyone knows you two like each other except yourselves. If it makes you feel any better, there was someone I wanted to go with as well but they have a date already." says Harry sadly. 

"Yeah I know Harry, I have seen the way you look at Cedric." says Y/N partly laughing. 

"Oh, shut up Y/N!" says Harry as he smacks her arm.

"Ok fine Harold! I'll go with you to the Yule Ball." says Y/N smiling.

"Yes! I promise you won't regret it!" says Harry hugging Y/N and then running away.

"That boy will be the death of me." says Y/N as she makes her way to her last period class. 

Although Harry wasn't Y/N's first choice, he was still like a brother to her so when he asked she couldn't say no. 

~~

Y/N's class is dismissed and she practically jumps out of her seat and bolts to her dorm room. 

She runs through the Y/H common room and up into her dorm. She pushes open the door and throws her bag to the floor. After changing into some sweats and a sweatshirt she plops onto her bed and almost falls asleep within minutes.

Before she could fall asleep, she's interrupted by the opening of her dorm room door.

She doesn't even have enough energy to look up and check who just entered her dorm. She figures it's probably Harry or Ron considering they tend to not knock a lot. 

She hears a bag drop to the floor and then feels and indent on the bed. 

Arms wrap around Y/N's waist and she tenses up a little bit. She turns around to see who it was that was holding her.

When she sees who it is, she doesn't know what to feel. She feels so many things at once like safe but scared, comfortable but tense, happy but upset. 

Hermione's bright brown eyes looked right back into Y/N's. 

Y/N's was really happy to see her bestfriend, but at the same time was trying her best to avoid her so she didn't have to be mad or jealous when seeing her later that night with Viktor Krum.