Meeting

Author's pov

"Advik, i think it's time for you to settle down, since you are already in your late thirties and will have to marry one day.
Adya is really a nice girl, however we would never force you to marry her.
But you can first at least see her once."

And then his mother forwarded him a photo, saying "She's really an innocent angel, whom I'll love to have as an daughter in law, and ofcourse would love see her as your beautiful wife."

While he stared at the photo of that adorable girl with fluffy cheeks and beautiful eyes.

"Why were you forcing dev to marry her?"

"Oh, we obviously didn't want dev to marry her, your mother wanted him to reveal about his girlfriend himself, that's why she said, we should prank him like this."

Huhh??

Pranking him like this.

And making my life a prank like this.

"No beta, this is clearly not what I meant, she's a good girl.
As I said it's a high time for you to settle down.
And we are not forcing you to marry her, obviously. We just want the best.
If you say no, then we won't force you but atleast first see her."

My mother said pleading me.

Agh! I can't tell her no.

"Okay"

Present Time

And this is how I agreed.
Now here we are in front of the Sharma's house.

My father rang the doorbell, and the door was opened up just in a few seconds by a servant.

Entering, we reached the hall.
There was the man who was ready to give away a girl just for some money
I can say just by looking at his face that he's a very cunning and greedy man.

''Mr. Mahajan, we were just waiting for you, I can't tell how much of great man you are to help a poor like me in my difficult time and now taking away the burden also-"

"Cut the crap, let's come to the main topic we are here for "

Already feeling fed up from his fakeness. I said cutting him, not being able to take his fake bullshit.

He was was a bit taken back, being nervous he said, "Oh yes sir, yes you are right. Let me call her"

There was this girl coming down from the hall, but she isn't the one which maa showed me a picture of.

"Naysha. Where's Adya?"

That man asked the girl.

"Oh she's coming, she was just behind me, where sh-" she said turning back, "Here she is"

There was the girl.
I saw in the photo, in real she look more vivid. Her head was down, and she was walking slowly as if she walked even in a little fast pace she might fall down.
Coming forward she was still standing up, while everyone was sitting.

"Namste Uncle ji, Namaste Aunty ji"

She said slowly in dim voice, then she looked at me for a second, blinked her eye and then again looked at the floor.
Her face and aura only speak and show a thing that is

Naivety.

innocence.

Totally not my type.

My mother stood up keeping her hand on her hair, caressing her head.
"You can call me Maa.
No need for formalities."
She looked up, I don't know if anyone else noticed but her eyes were shining with a bit of tears.

Her face.. there's something in her eyes, and that's attracting me.
I was totally in for to come here and say no this marriage, but now I just can't see myself doing that.
Now I can see why my mother was so much persistent on me coming here, or atleast just see her.

Maa made her sit beside just me, but still she sat a bit away from me keeping distance between her and me. Good, she should be scared.

Maa looked down at me, raising her eyebrows, asking me the unasked question, I thought something before nodding in her way.
Seeing my agreement my mother became so much happy.

"We can't wait for her to be the part of our family" my mother said excitedly,
"You both look so good together, just like made for each other."
She said looking down at us sitting together.

"So, when will be the wedding ?"

Her aunt asked.

Everyone was looking at me expectantly...
I looked at her she was looking down.
She was biting her lower lip nervously.
I stared at her for a few seconds then said, "the day after tomorrow"

"What!"

"How?"

"This can't happen that soon, these things take tim-" her aunt was saying when I cut her in between.

"Prepration will be done from our side"

"But beta, isn't it too early ?"
My mother also asked.

"I'll be leaving for states soon, and have no Idea when I'll be coming back."

My mother was shocked to hear about my departure, even though I don't live with them but I keep coming to the family house atleast once or sometimes twice a month.

"So either that day or never."

Saying that I stood up.

"Okay then the wedding will be the day after tomorrow."
Everyone agreed, standing up from there position

The girl also stood up she was still looking down, and was fiddling with her finger and thumb.
Now as I notice her beside me, she's short. Her head is barely reaching my shoulder.

We all were about to move out when my mother asked her, "Are okay with this sudden wedding?"
She took a few seconds and then just give a single nod as her response.

My mother smiled at her, "Take care"
Giving her a last glance I moved out towards the car with my family.