Broken

"Love changes us, It makes us do things we never thought we would." The woman said.

"It certainly does," the young girl replied, a sad smile across her beautiful face.

"I mean," the woman continued. "Look at me," she pitifully.

The young girl did as told, eyes fixed intently on the aging woman.

"I used to say I'd never forgive a cheating man, I used to have zero tolerance for it. I'd always say 'I'd give a cheating man a kick to the arse with a boot'.  Then the woman gave a bitter laugh.

The young girl continued staring at the woman's face. She knew she was once beautiful. Her black hair showing streaks of grey, withering hands and eye wrinkles. The woman shouldn't more than 60, this she knew for a fact. However, she said nothing. Waiting for her to finish her speech.

"I'm pathetic, I know, but you must understand me. I just have to. I-I-I can't, just see him taken away from me." The woman sobbed, sliding slowly from the wall to the floor.

The young girl wished she could go over to the woman to comfort her, but she couldn't. She was chained down to the table.

"I never thought I'd ever condone a cheating partner. Now look at me, doing more than merely condoning one, I'm now a murderess for him too." The woman got up after her soliloque.

"You do understand me right? You must understand my plight."

Strangely, the young girl did. She understood the plight of a broken woman from a marriage with a cheating spouse. She was just trying to save her marriage she supposed.

"You're really beautiful, my dear child. I wish I didn't have to do this. But if I don't, he'll surely come after you too. I've seen the way he looks at your budding body. I'm only trying to save you too. You understand me, right?" The woman asked.

"I understand you mummy," the 13-year-old replied.

"Good girl," her mother said while stroking her hair.

The woman moved back and without another thought, pulled the trigger on her daughter.

At the realization of what she'd done, she fell to her knees by her daughter's now lifeless form and let out a loud howl of agony.

Of all the young girls she had mur.derd, this was the most painful. Three daughters down all for one man who never saw her worth.

But she didn't care, she loved him and that was all that mattered. She wouldn't kil.ling all the young girls around if it meant saving her marriage.

She had already kil.led her three daughters between the ages of 25-13. No-one now would be too much to finish off.

#BLUEJEMMIE
©EbiJ