1. NOT A QUIRK

"Ah, the results just came in !" A bespectacled ravenette spoke, pushing up his glasses. A young woman, with two-toned medium length hair, growled, impatiently. She had waited three weeks, and the ravenette could just cheerily speak to her like that?!  

"Now, now Hachi-san, no need to get angry." the ravenette grinned. His goofy facade then changed, a serious expression on his face.

"It appears that your theory was right, what you have is indeed, not a quirk, but an ability." The woman, Hachi let out a small smile at that. She shouldn't have doubted herself. Her intelligence. What she was capable of. She glanced at the ravenette, ready to pay for her request that had been fulfilled.

"And how much will this payment be?"

"That depends. Are you willing to pay a price that does not concern materialistic money?" 

"I told you that day we met, remember? A deal's a deal. Now, tell me. What's the cost?"

Mori Ougai then smiled, flowery aura beaming behind him.

"Then, Hachi-san, welcome to the Port Mafia,"

TIMESKIP-5 YEARS

"Gima-senpai, allow me to deal with them," a young boy with salt and pepper hair said. Hachi then recalled a memory, from a few years back.

"A new surname?" Hachi blinked.

"Why yes, after all, we can't just have you be called a Todoroki for the rest of your life, now can we?" Mori said.

" Why don't you give me one, then?" Hachi said, bored.

"Gima, then. Gima Hachi." Mori chuckled.

Hachi watched as Akutagawa Ryuunosuke, her kouhai, defeated the enemies. He was skilled, but under the eyes of Dazai, his potential could not be fully unlocked. So, Mori put her in charge of him instead. She wasn't really bothered by his decision. Ryu, however, was delighted. He had been idolizing over her for quite some time then.

After the alley was finally littered with bodies, Ryu and Hachi began making their way back to base. A sudden shrill voice called out to Hachi then.

"Hachi! Wanna grab lunch?" the slightly shorter ginger asked. Hachi nodded at him, "sure".  She gave Akutagawa a pat on the head, before going to Chuuya and her's usual cafe. Ryu owlishly blinked at her, before walking back alone.

(Hachi decided to call Higuchi to accompany him on the way back.)

"Yooooooooooooooo~ Hachi-chan ! And chibi! Our meeting here must be fated !" A certain bandaged man said. Glove, Bandage, Choker. That was what the trio was named. Cringeworthy yes, but somehow decided by the lower ranks of the Port Mafia.

They were seated together at a circular table.

"Ugh, it's the bandaid wannabe." Chuuya groaned. Hachi simply greeted her other boyfriend, as usual. Dazai smiled, taking this meetup as an opportunity to cling onto her waist like a koala. Hachi knew the ginger was going to get jealous, so she decided to shove a spoonful of omurice in his mouth so he didn't feel left out. 

Glove, Bandage, Choker. The only poly relationship in the mafia.

(They're like, 17/18 now?-Author, unsure of her timeline)

The three engaged in simple chitchat. (Diluc of Mondsta---)

After lunch, they headed their separate ways, whether to enjoy their day off, or going to the scene of another mission. Hachi missed those times desperately, when everything was simple. Before those UA students showed up in her city, for their stupid school project.

AUTHOR NOTESS! 

-yes, poly relationship.

-yes, this story ain't gonna follow their respective anime plot.

-sorta dead apple au?

-heavily inspired by these three other bsd books;

Two sides, same coin

No Longer Human

Long Lost