Part 1: Chapter Three: Cane Crazy

Frank and Anne have finally come to terms with their broken friendship and have decided to make the effort to mend their broken friendship. Frank made it clear that they were going to start over from the beginning, as Anne would have to earn his trust back. A condition that she expected. The next day, the winds in Wartwood were starting to pick up. So the two humans decided to stay inside and hang out with Sprig.

After Anne had laid out the stuff she had in her backpack, Sprig started looking over it all. "Wow, Anne, look at all your cool stuff!" Sprig said, before picking up a toenail clipper that Anne had. "What's this? Ah, I get it. Torture device."

"That's a toenail clipper," said Anne.

"Oh, okay, okay, sure. Oh! How about this?" He then grabbed Anne's tire pump that she used for her bike. "What does this do?" Instead of waiting for an answer, the little frog put the hose into his mouth. He then started pumping air into his mouth, causing it to inflate until his cheeks were painfully big. "It's painful."

Frank chuckled as he reached out and pulled the hose out of Sprig's mouth, making the little frog fly around the room like a balloon that had all the air in its release. When he landed, Sprig sprung back up with one of the pens Frank had in his pockets.

"Oh, and this." Sprig then started clicking the pen over and over again repeatedly. "Oh, I love this," he said, stopping his clicking before continuing. "This is amazing."

"That's a pen," Frank said, grabbing the pen from Sprig. Clicking it once to have the point out, he grabbed Anne's notebook and wrote something down on it. When he was done, he showed Sprig that he had written down 'It's used for writing' on it. "You can keep it if you want."

Sprig took the pen, and then went back to clicking it.

Anne and Frank continued to watch him. "I think we created a monster," said the Taiwanese girl.

Their moment was cut short when they heard a bell clanging. "Kids! Chow time!" Called from upstairs.

_____________________________

"Time to eat! Time to eat! Time to eat!" The human teenagers and the two Planter kids chanted together as Hop Pop spooked out large spoonfuls of their food.

"Hold on, you kids. Hold on." Hop Pop said. Frank and Anne waited in their seats before the old frog slides them a bowl of food.

However, much to their disgust, it wasn't what they were hoping it to be. It was a weird soup of a green liquid that had bugs in it like a cricket's leg, a spider that crawled right on out of the bowl, a caterpillar, and other bugs.

"Ugh! Uh, you know what? I think I'm gonna pass," Anne said, pushing her bowl away.

"Yeah..." Frank pushed his bowl away before turning to Anne. "Wanna try and catch some fish?"

Hop Pop looked rather annoyed with them and asked sarcastically, "Why? Is my food not good enough for your royal highnesses?"

Frank and Anne narrowed their eyes at him. "Well, if we're royalty, then your cooking is royally bad," said the girl. Sprig and Polly looked at the two humans, with the brother staring in shock as he dropped his spoon. Then the two young frogs started cheering at that comeback.

"Oh, yeah? Well, you... I..." Hope Pop stuttered, not able to think of a good comeback.

"What's the matter, Hop Pop? Frog in your throat?" Frank asked with a smirk. "Is that why you're croaking on your comeback?"

"Ohhh!" Polly cheered.

"Oh, they both got you!" Sprig exclaimed. Anne and Frank then high-fived.

"Oh, damn it!" Hop Pop furiously threw down his spoon and stood up from his chair. "You know what? I'm gonna take a nap," he said in defeat, before storming off to his room. Grumbling along the way. "I don't believe this. I feed you, I house you, and this is how you repay me? If you don't shape up soon, you two, I'm throwin' you out!" He then slammed the door hard, rattling some of the pictures on the wall, and knocking over a flower.