Part 1: Chapter 20: This is my Jam

I'm Cowboy Alchemist#4990 on discord. Come on over if you want to chat and talk about ideas. If you want an invite to join my discord server, then all you have to do is ask me.

It was another lovely day at the Wartwood Farmers Market, and Frank was serving up some elotes. Turns out Amphibia did have everything to make Mexican-style grilled corn just the way his father makes them. At the same time, Anne was in charge of running the Plantar family's stand. And she was able to attract more customers by playing some of her music on her phone and the smell of grilled corn.

Her phone was set inside a metal bucket that was turned on its side, allowing the music to come out louder. It was set off to the side of the counter while Anne accepted two copper coins from Mrs. Croaker for buying one of the grilled cobs.

"Here you go, dearie." She said to Anne, before Frank brought over her elote.

"One elote for you, Mrs. Croaker!" Frank said, handing her the delicious-looking corn. "Catch you later, Mrs. Croaker."

"Oh, they'll never catch me!" Mrs. Croaker laughed as she walked away.

"Man, today's been really good for business," Anne said with a hand on her hip, impressed with all the foot traffic they've been getting.

"Well, it's all thanks to you and your music," Frank said, placing another corn on the grill for the next customer.

The compliment made Anne blush again. These new foreign feelings she felt for her best friend were only growing every day she spent time with him. So much so that the smallest compliments made her cheeks flush and her heart beat faster. "W-Well, I wouldn't take all the credit. Your elotes are pretty great too."

Just like Anne, Frank blushed at her compliment. "Thanks." He said, scratching the back of his head, as the two of them smiled at each other with blushes.

However, they stopped when the music did. "Oh, shoot. Hang on." She picked up her phone and started scrolling through her songs. However, the Thai girl stopped when she saw a band she hadn't heard of since she was eight and gasped. "Solid Bold!"

But when Frank heard that name, he cringed. "Augh, isn't that the single of that summertime song?"

"Yeah! Summertime Loving: Loving in the Summer (Time)!" Anne exclaimed with a big smile as she held up her phone. "Aw, this is my jam right here!"

"What? That song sucks." Frank said, annoyed.

"Nah, you were all into it too, I remember." Anne said, waving her left hand.

"Yeah, just for that one summer camp, and then I realized how lame it was," Frank said with a scowl.

Anne blew a raspberry and waved him off. "Whatever, man. Once we play this, all the good memories will come flooding back, and you'll see. You'll see whose jam it is." She said with confidence.

"I'm not listening to that trash."

"You need to get this corn out of your ears, man, and listen to the summer." Anne said, pressing play on the song.

She placed it back into the bucket and let the music come out louder. Frank was standing there with his arms crossed and an unimpressed expression. Watching as Anne started tapping her foot before she began to dance to the music.

"Yeah, yeah, now we're talking!" Anne said as she continued dancing.

However, the fun ended when she backed up, and one of her swinging arms crashed into a saucepot filled with sparkling blueberries held by the jolliest frog in town, Barry.