𝐭𝐰𝐨 || 𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭

"OH, HEY! ZO-ZO!"

Kenzo perked up at the mention of his name... well, nickname. As he headed into the Garden Terrace per Anzu's request, he found the group sitting in a table near the wall. It seemed that nobody else was there besides them.

Hokuto grabbed Subaru's coat, shaking him. "Cut it with the nicknames already, respect your seniors!"

The third-year laughed, taking a seat next to his cousin. "It's alright, the nickname is quite endearing. Well, Anzu, how was your morning with them?"

The brunette nodded happily. "It was very productive. I learned a lot thanks to them."

Makoto, the glasses boy, grew flustered. "I- well, we we're just helping..."

They laughed at his embarrassment, then Subaru spoke up. "Hey, isn't that...?"

Kenzo looked over his shoulder where the other student was staring at, and he realized that there was somebody else in the cafeteria. Kuro was sitting by himself, enjoying whatever was on his plate. It was hard to tell.

"He's in my homeroom," He said, turning back to the table. "I wonder what he's doing all by himself."

"Better not to ask," Makoto said with a nervous smile, and Kenzo flashed him with his own.

Hokuto glanced back at Anzu. "Y'know, I meant what I said. Seek me if you have any trouble at all."

The blonde piped up. "I'm free too. I'm part of the Broadcasting Committee, so I have easy access to information. It tends to come in handy quite often."

"I'm available whenever too!" Suddenly Subaru leaned over the table, grinning stupidly at Anzu. "And I know it's kind of sudden, but... can I please borrow some money?!"

His friends deadpanned at him, and Anzu let out a shaky laugh. Kenzo blinked at him, his face thoughtful.

"If you haven't figured it out yet, this guy's an idiot," Hokuto explained, not caring at all that Subaru could hear him. "I suggest you think first before being involved with him."

"Hey! Dang it, stop!" Wailing, he clutched his head. "Augh, now she's gonna think I'm a moron for the rest of her life because of you!" Subaru flailed around, looking crushed.

Hokuto turned back to see Anzu and Kenzo having a staredown, the girl's face becoming protestant as her cousin stood up. "Subaru-kun, I'll lend you some."

The ginger's mood took a turn instantly, the student floundering all over Kenzo. "Really?! Awhhh, you're so nice~!"

Makoto frowned. "You don't have to do that..."

The third-year shrugged, shoving some coins into Subaru's hand. The latter shrieked with delight and ran off to get himself some snacks. "I have money to burn, so it doesn't matter. In fact, I would gladly supply for all of you, as compensation for taking care of my dear younger cousin~"

Anzu sighed, pinching her nose. "Seriously, when did you get so weird?"

Hokuto shook his head vigorously. "Please, keep it for yourself. We'll be perfectly fine."

"Oh, but I do insist—"

The second-year exhaled, already given up. He turned back to Anzu. "I should probably break it down for you again, if that'll help."

As him and Makoto went over the basics about Yumenosaki, Kenzo decided to wander off and towards Kuro. The other student didn't seem to notice until he was right behind him. A shocked male whipped his head towards him, sauce all over his lips. "When-?"