Chapter 13

[Y/n]

I'm fully aware of what's happening around me. I have no idea whether or not I should feel fortunate for this awareness, to know what they're talking about, what they're planning and what they might do to me. I don't have a heart right now, but I know that if I did have one, it would simply explode in my chest.

I'm imprisoned by this shadowy creature, I feel the "handcuffs" locked tightly around my wrists.

I don't feel any pain, by the way.

Because of the time I spent with Chambers, I let myself feel a bit too secure, I let my guard down - that's my mistake. I can't change the outcome of my miscalculation and now I’ll have to undergo the consequences. No matter how much I'll try right now, I'm harmless.

Maybe checking the mental barriers of the agents will help? Yeah, maybe that.

I feel Omen’s stare on me.

Goddamn.

"Don't even think of trying your tricks, Mind Controller." His voice echoes throughout the walls of my head, but others in the room don't seem to notice. The room is suffocatingly small, dark enough so I can't see the details. Are there shelves? Substances? No idea...

I spot a man playing with some sort of a coin. He's got a gigantic, pointy hat on, with a weird antenna, and what seems to be a gemstone embedded into it. He turns his head towards Omen and I hear him giggle.

"Wasn’t aware that my gadgets had the feature of hearing voices from the other dimensions." The masked man seems amused by the whole situation.

He might be my only chance out of… wherever I am.

"You hear me!?" I ask almost immediately, and the man seems to notice.

Apart from these two in the room there's also a woman who's been accompanying Omen ever since they caught me. A welcoming committee, you might call it.

"Seems like Cypher, indeed, can hear you." Omen shrugs, not even the slightest bit amused, and his friend gasps.

"I do!" Cypher stands up as he raises a hand with his finger pointing up, but he has no idea where I am. "Although you do sound kind of - muffled… I hear you."

"Interesting." That's all that Omen has to say about this weird phenomenon.

"What are we waiting for, then?" I question, trying to figure out how to get rid of these shadowy handcuffs. Not gonna lie, they're quite the inconvenience. Just a little bit, though.

I try to pull a slightly bit, testing my limits. All I can do is stand in one place and wait for my demise.

"Brimstone. He'll introduce you to the rules here." Cypher pulls up half of his mask to reveal a really thin beard and mustache, plus his wide smile of amusement. He's having a lotta fun.

Ey, maybe my Prince Charming will come to the rescue. I quite literally have no interest in staying here any longer, so I'd rather get out as soon as possible.

Finally, I notice a way out. I think it might be my only chance to break free.

This Omen, from time to time, groans… almost as if he was in pain, and then the handcuffs loosen up a bit, before tightening uncomfortably again. Maybe he actually feels something apart from blood lust and it affects him. Is that even possible? I need to try this out.

When he hisses again I take a big breath in and charge at him with all the strength I've got. I surprisingly break his wall quite easily.

When I get into his head, a ton of voices speak to me, screaming and yelling. My vision is distorted, it switches between the other dimension and the one Cypher and the woman is in. I join the voices and scream with them, I no longer feel my limbs but I know I'm holding my head as if it were any help.

"STOP!!!" I scream in a demonic voice that belongs to Omen. At least his handcuffs are gone.

I feel someone pull me from both sides: Sabine and Amir. They're holding me tightly but it does not help at all. I rip my arms away from them and grab my chest, right where I feel some sort of energy-filled stone in the center. Radianite.

I need to stop this screaming. I need to stop hearing these voices or I, too, would go completely insane. I don't want to be in this body anymore. I can't exit. I need to rip it apart. I need to get the hell out. I need to get out. Help... Where's Chamber? The voices are only getting louder.

And louder.

And louder…

That's when I do something terrifying.

I rip my chest open, feeling all the strength pour out. Shadows immediately surround me, aggressively ripping the bandages and the device that kept me in one piece. Now, nothingness.

Darkness.

A completely empty void.

Did I die?

I feel a strong pull backwards, and I get into some sort of a body. What now? Shit, am I back into Omen's?

My breathing picks up, my heart is racing. I hold a hand up to my chest. A chest that's built from flesh and bone. The migraine hits so hard it makes me stumble. What's that I feel? Relief? Am I in my body?

Strong arms catch me swiftly. All I can do now is trust them and let them carry me to a safe place. My vision is blurred, my head is spinning. I’m terrified, but too out of it to do anything about it.

I just want to lay down and fall into an eternal sleep. I don't care about what comes next. I never, ever want to relive Omen's life again. I don't ever want to be away from my body for that long again. I don't want to do anything now.

Am I laying in my bed now? Are these my sheets I feel under my back? A blanket... So warm and cozy...

"You're okay now." That's all I hear. ‘Till this moment, I haven't noticed I lacked my hearing. It's so relieving to hear a voice I recognise.

"Vincent?" I sigh, reaching my hand out to feel if he's truly there. My vision is too blurry to trust it.

"It is me." I feel him grab my hand gently and feel as his breath gently caresses my knuckles. Then, a kiss is laid on them. "We are aware of what happened. We took care of the Fracture. Everyone's dead. The facility is destroyed. You did your job well. Now rest." His fingers brush against my hair as if I were to fall apart any moment. "I was dead worried."

I feel my cheeks burn at this confession.

"They're feverish..." Vincent's copy murmurs. I hear the other Chamber's steps next to me.

"I heard you talking to them." He whispers to the copy that's been taking care of me.

"That doesn't matter now. Our deal is over and don't expect me to cooperate with you - right now, I'm doing this for [y/n]’s well being. Bring a bowl of cold water and a clean towel." He hisses at the original and I hear the other's unhappy steps. I can tell from the heaviness of his walk.

"Sleep, little wanderer." Vincent says soothingly, caressing my hair in a calming manner. "You've done more than enough."

The world goes dark. And I feel at peace.